Moderator/Admin

I think manners and respect and how you type plays the most part in it...
At this point we have a pretty big team and will not be looking to expand in the near future. Many of team members joined the team under different ownership and because of that training from one owner to the next might have varied. We plan to spend some time working with our team providing some training and dealing with issues on a case-by-case basis. Once we have had some time to make sure the current team is on the same page we will evaluate our staffing needs and proceed accordingly.

When it comes to moderator selection, we are not looking for ass kissers. We are looking for down to earth people with excellent communication skills who don't get sucked into heated issues and can stand back and make a rational decision on how to deal with the situation. Being asked to join the team in an invite only process where we will reach out to potential candidates if we want to extend an invitation.
Why don't you guys have pips?
The reason we don't have them is because most people don't know what pips are (as you can see from the responses). For those who don't know what they are, they are little graphics that repeat (usually under your username) based on how many posts you have made. An example setup would be:
10 Posts = 1 star
25 Posts = 2 stars
100 Posts = 3 stars
500 Posts = 4 stars

A pip is actually used on other things in life too and is defined as a small but easily countable item. You can learn more about a pip on this Wikipedia page:
Pip (counting) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can see a live example on a forum at this link if you look under the user's title. They are little green graphics that grow as the person's post count gets higher.

At this point we want to focus on keeping it simple (KISS) and fostering a vibrant and well managed forum community. Later on we might consider some more bling, but for now, no pips...

The reason we don't have them is because most people don't know what pips are (as you can see from the responses).
Not that I'm saying bring them back, but I think it's far more accurate to say that people in general don't know what they're called rather than don't know what they are. If it'd been phrased as "the former green bar representing rep" then I think everyone would have realised ;)

Happy Christmas.

What if we made our pips pipes?

:rofl:

What about Mario Pipe pips??

images_d80a4378438ef260a7192c44b1da3a36.png

Back
Top Bottom