Changing settings to load fans?

FletchDaddy5000

Solid State Member
I recentely installed two "Antec 120mm" load fans into my AMD PC. They work extremely well, but are a bit noisy, and I plugged them directly into the mobo. I'm new to AMD configurations and was wondering if theres any way I can change the speed of these fans to reduce noise. I'll list my PC's specs below.

Thanks for any input!

AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Turbo Core
Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling
16GB Corsair Vengeance Memory
500 GB Sata Hard Drive
CrossFireX MotherBoard
800 Watts Power Supply
AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB

You can get a simple fan controller for pretty cheap. See here

Edit: you have a liquid cooling kit and purchased giant fans? May I ask why? What else are you trying to cool? The fans will do almost, if not absolutely, nothing for your chip.

IPwn,

I'll put some thought into purchasing that. Is it fairly easy to install? Do the fans plug directly into the control head, and the control head to the mobo?

What I'm really looking for is some kind of software that is compatiable with AMD and the Antec load fans, if it even exsist?

Thanks for your reply!

Edit: The liquid cooling is acting as the heat sink on my cpu, I installed the fans to push "fresh" air into the PC case, and then pull the "old" air out. If that makes sense. You think thats overkill?

AMD is your chip manufacturer. Who manufactured your board? I have only used controllers and they are easy to install/use. That doesn't mean, however that your board manufacturer doesn't make a software solution to this very common question. Even if they don't, it most likely does exist, even if not manufacturer ambiguous.

Edit: Yes, the fans plug into the controller and it simply controls the voltage going to the fan to control the speed.

IPwn,

I'll put some thought into purchasing that. Is it fairly easy to install? Do the fans plug directly into the control head, and the control head to the mobo?

What I'm really looking for is some kind of software that is compatiable with AMD and the Antec load fans, if it even exsist?

Thanks for your reply!

Edit: The liquid cooling is acting as the heat sink on my cpu, I installed the fans to push "fresh" air into the PC case, and then pull the "old" air out. If that makes sense. You think thats overkill?

Not really, that's actually a fans job lol, no joke.. but no it's not overkill, I take it the liquid cooling is only the CPU?

IPwn,

Sorry for the confusion regarding the motherboard, the manufacturer is "Gigabyte GA-970A-D3." I should search for software that is compatiable with the mobo and the antec fans then correct?

IAntDemo,

The liquid cooling is only on the CPU.

Thanks!

Sorry for the confusion regarding the motherboard, the manufacturer is CrossFireX. I should search for software that is compatiable with the mobo and the antec fans then correct?

CrossFireX is an AMD Technology and not a manufacturer. Download Belarc and run it. It will take a few minutes to build the profile of your machine. Once it's complete it will open a new webpage with all of your information. On the right hand side, you will see "Main Circuit Board", what is the "Board:" field populated with?

IPwn,

I ran Belarc and heres what it gave me:

Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-970A-D3
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F6 08/31

Interesting program...

Again thanks

Back
Top Bottom