I'd like to add

Avira - Antivir
Free antivirus

Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)
Free antivirus by microsoft

Mozilla - Firefox
free web browser. The best in my opinion

Sandboxie
Allows you to "Sandbox" your browser. Kinda like a anti-virus or fire-wall but vastly increases security from malware.

Hope this helps!

I'm not trying to be mean but, Microsoft Owns piriform. Lol

Really? Why is Piriform registered through GoDaddy.com then? Why aren't they listed on Microsoft's site of owned companies or registered as such on sec.gov?

Edit: Oh that's right, because Microsoft does not, in fact, own Piriform.

Really? Why is Piriform registered through GoDaddy.com then? Why aren't they listed on Microsoft's site of owned companies or registered as such on sec.gov?
Pwned lol.
Edit: Oh that's right, because Microsoft does not, in fact, own Piriform.

I'd like to add

Avira - Antivir
Free antivirus

Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)
Free antivirus by microsoft

Mozilla - Firefox
free web browser. The best in my opinion

Sandboxie
Allows you to "Sandbox" your browser. Kinda like a anti-virus or fire-wall but vastly increases security from malware.

Hope this helps!

Yea I think FireFox needs to ba added. But my personal opinion is that avast is the worst program ever made. You never ever see business using avast right? Vipre that's different. Btw this is not directed at anyone personally.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd just like to add... Microsoft does NOT own Piriform. I have purchased software from both, and I do this for a living.

Comodo actually advertises all the time on their facebook how they find more virus infections than any other AV Suite, but Every. Single. Time. I've used Comodo as my AV Solution, I've gotten a virus. I made the jump to Avast! and have had no problems whatsoever. Haven't checked out, or even heard of, Vipre though...

Comodo actually advertises all the time on their facebook how they find more virus infections than any other AV Suite, but Every. Single. Time. I've used Comodo as my AV Solution, I've gotten a virus. I made the jump to Avast! and have had no problems whatsoever. Haven't checked out, or even heard of, Vipre though...

No problems. That's because avast can't find any lol try something else and see what viruses come up.

I do regular scans with MBAM. What I meant by my previous comment was simply that Comodo allowed infection whereas Avast! is stopping that from happening.

Yea - if Microsoft does not own Piriform, then why, oh why does it say that on their products???

Just for the hell of it, I looked at the "license.txt" software license agreement that is in my installation folder of CCleaner (by Piriform) that I JUST INSTALLED. Wouldn't you know that "Microsoft" wasn't even mentioned in the license?

Back
Top Bottom