Signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your point berry, but I also agree that my image is to big for a signature, but I would like to suggest a plain, small strip about the size of 2 - 3 lines. Something along the lines of this:

About that size would be good and just a solid colour or maybe a gradient and some text. This way every1's signature would look the same, but in a way can be quite unique by the different colours and text added. This size also wouldn't be to big that it would crowd the forums but would make them look a little more professional.

in a way can be quite unique by the different colours and text added.
Well the current signatures are already unique by the text added to them, so all you're talking about there is making a unique background colour or gradient which again I disagree with. There's no good reason I can see for making someone read your signature on a colour background of your choice when they can read it perfectly clearly as it is.

If it falls into the realms of personalisation then that's what the avatars are for!

Ok. Im guessing you don't understand me. I mean this would improve the appearance of the website and forums. By having this "strip" or rounded rectangle as a signature, it would mean that the fact that some peoples signatures would be bigger than others would not be true. But because this makes everyone's signature equal (besides the text) being able to choose your own colour would make it unique. And yes, i agree that it is personalisation but this would be different because it would be a different size to an avatar and nobody really wants to list all their jobs and skills in an avatar.

Ok. Im guessing you don't understand me.
I understand you, I just don't agree with you!

I mean this would improve the appearance of the website and forums.
How would random, arbitrary blocks of colour at the bottom of near every post improve the appearance of the site? It'd make it horrendous.

By having this "strip" or rounded rectangle as a signature, it would mean that the fact that some peoples signatures would be bigger than others would not be true.
The fact that everyone's signatures might be the same size isn't necessarily a good thing. It certainly wouldn't automatically make the site look better.

But because this makes everyone's signature equal (besides the text) being able to choose your own colour would make it unique.
So you want to make everyone's signature exactly the same size to make the site "look nicer", then let everyone choose random, horrible colours to make their post "look unique"? As I've said already, the purpose of a signature isn't there to make yourself look unique at all, it's meant to be a quick and simple way of signing off from a message.

this would be different because it would be a different size to an avatar and nobody really wants to list all their jobs and skills in an avatar.
Nobody should be listing all their jobs and skills in a signature either, it's not what it's for. If you want to list all your skills and jobs, make a CV and link to it. If you want to list a small selection of skills then just write it in the damn signature! You don't need a coloured background to do that...

Most horrible different coloured backgrounds on websites disappeared in the 90's. Let's keep it that way!

Most horrible different coloured backgrounds on websites disappeared in the 90's. Let's keep it that way!

You have entirely changes my words as I said that the strip or rectangle would be a different colour not the whole background.

And now, looking from a more "creative" view, nowadays, signatures on website such as this or ElitePvPers etc. have changed. They are now not just
a quick and simple way of signing off from a message.
but now has evolved and is a good place to put information on what you do and if you are offering services. On most forums I visit, majority of peoples signatures have an image or information on their skills/services/products or websites.

Both of you are just disagreeing with one another.

At the end of the day their won't be a change to signatures, it looks tacky.. it's perfectly fine now, besides loading images takes time and sometimes go outdated and while you're loading the forums page it will begin to load much slower.

I win end of discussion

Thanks

Both of you are just disagreeing with one another.
I wouldn't say just (at least not just for the sake of it) but yes, we were :p

Aside from that, what you said.

I wasn't disagreeing - I respected your opinion and I stated mine. And if that will make the forums load slower then we should get rid of avatars because they have the same effect.
and how exactly does it look
???

ok.. pick me a forums with signatures on and i'll point out exactly what is tacky..

avators are no more then 10kb

Most the top forums around the web don't agree to sigs either, digital/student forums, you know..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom