Signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvalite

Baseband Member
Hey guys - im new here so pls cut me some slack if I do something wrong (please just tell me) :) anyway i was wondering if there is any way I can put an image in my footer???

I want to use this mage:

silvalitefooter2.png
Because it tells people what some of my skills are, and if any1 is ever looking for help, tis will tell them a little about me.

Thanks,
Silvalite110

At this time, images are not allowed in signatures. Nice image though

It comes up time and time again.

The crux of it is while that's a nice image I really hope images *aren't* allowed in signatures. If everyone had them they'd just clog up the page making it slow to load and mean you had to spend ages scrolling past huge signature images to get to the actual content you were looking for.

You say that you want it because it explains what your skills are and tells them about you. You can do that in a far more easy to read, accessible, efficient and concise form by just writing it in text in your signature. Sometimes simpler is better...

Basically everyone thinks that images in signatures makes the forum look messy and unprofessional and I agree as well. It's one of those things that probably will never change.

I personally think that if images were allowed, it wouldn't be a bad thing as long as the images were kept at a decent size it wouldn't be that much of a problem. But, I can see that I'm massively outnumbered here :D

I personally think that if images were allowed, it wouldn't be a bad thing as long as the images were kept at a decent size it wouldn't be that much of a problem. But, I can see that I'm massively outnumbered here :D
I believe user bars were considered at one time, something like 2 or 3 user bars in your signature, but that was quickly shot down for the same reasons.

But it will be brought up time and time again since a lot of other forums allow images in signatures so when people come here they will ask about it.

No images. I hate going to a forum and seeing all these stupid images on the page and i'm never sure what's part of the message, whats a signature, and where the info i'm looking for is at. Keep your expressions in the avatar and just use the text to say the same thing in your sig.

I agree with iPwn. I like the fact that users can have images in their signatures, but aslong as they keep it to a certain size and no animation.

I agree with iPwn. I like the fact that users can have images in their signatures, but aslong as they keep it to a certain size and no animation.
What size though? I'd say your chosen image is way too big personally. And while you might think it looks nice, as I said earlier there's nothing there that wouldn't be conveyed more clearly by just writing it in plaintext.

People seem to have forgotten (in general) what signatures were designed for - a quick and easy way of signing off from a post with with your name and perhaps any other relevant details. Witty and small non-distracting comments of course made their way in there too which is fine, but these days people seem to want to shove the contents of their hard drive in there. That's not what a signature is for. If you want to write loads or design your own images, put it on your website. If people really want to see it they'll go to there!

The other problem is if we allow images, people will moan that they want bigger images. Then animated images. Then sound. Then video clips.

There are places for all of the above (flickr, your personal website, youtube...) - a signature is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom