5 PC "Must Haves"

Silvalite

Baseband Member
Hey guys - this is my first post so just bare with me if I get anything wrong. Anyway, today I'm going to tell you what I think should be the 5 Must Have programs on a PC (Windows - not sure if all these programs work on others), besides the default ones which are already installed or Microsoft Office.
By the way, these are not posted in any particular order.

teamviewer_logo.png
Team Viewer - Team Viewer is a program similar to Remote Assistance or Remote Desktop which is pre installed on all Windows machines. Team Viewer however, is more user friendly and offers more options such as a Meeting or Presentation which lets a group of people all connect and share their work. This program is ideal for work conferences, but still has the feature that allows you to connect to someone else's computer to help them out. Team Viewer is a very secure program and only lets you connect if you ahve the right password. These passwords change every time you open Team Viewer to make it a ll the more secure and private.

ccleaner.png
CCleaner - Created by Piriform, the CCleaner is a simple but very effective program. Just by a click of a button the CCleaner will analyze how much space it can clear from your computer by removing temporary internet files, compressing old files, clearing history, emptying the recycle bin etc. After this, by clicking remove it almost instantly removes all those things that don't need to be there and tells you how much free space it has created. This program is great and only takes about 5 minutes max to remove old and unused files to start making your computer faster. I personalty use the CCleaner all the time - I use it once or twice a week.

chrome.jpg
Google Chrome - Google Chrome is the or one of the fastest web browsers created. Made and maintained by Google, the browser has a few features that most others don't:
- The URL bar can also be used as a Google search bar.
- The Crome App Store is avaliable and from there you can get free or paid applications to enhance Google Chrome. For example, I have an App on Google Chrome called "Turn off the Lights". This application allows me to watch Youtube videos like I am in a cinema as it blacks out everything around the video player.
- Because of the Google Search Bar feature, there is no need for any extra toolbars to fill up the page. Google Chrome has an almost futuristic design and makes surfing the web all the more enjoyable.

itunes.png
Itunes - Although some of you PC lovers are thinking - why do we need Apple Software? Well unlike Windows Media Player or some other Media Players, iTunes has some inhanced features. Nowadays, many people have iPods or iPhones, and iTunes allows you to sync your iPod/iPhone. I know all other Media Players also allow this, but iTunes does it in a non-complicated way, making it fast and easy. iTunes is also set out very easily and has a good design. iTunes can do all the other features such as burn a CD, import new music, but also has the feature to convert a music file into MP3 format very easily. If you would like to know how to do this, please check out my guide here: How to make an MP3 Version of a Song

This is not the end of this post but because I'm limited to 4 pictures, i will post the 5th Must Have Program below.

Last edited:
70-Off-VIPRE-Discount-h2.png
Vipre AntiVirus Software - Now, although this software is not free, Vipre has lots of good features which makes it worth every cent. Vipre is more advanced than other AntiVirus software and does more "in-depth" scans than most others. With an easy to use UI, Vipre has been designed to be easily accessible and its features available with a click of a button. I strongly recommend Vipre as your next AntiVirus Software.

Ok, well that concludes my 5 PC "Must Haves". Please leaves comments and feedback below. Thanks and hope you enjoyed my first post :)

Thanks,
Silvalite110

Great, nice release, but you have a few spelling mistakes. Like "aplle" = should be "apple".
Google Chrome - Google Chrome is the or one of the fastest web browsers created. Run by Google,
Not run by Google, but made and maintained by.

CCleaner:

You obviously don't know the program that well. It now comes with all copies of Windows 7 and Windows vista.

Anyway, other than that great guide.

Thanks for the feedback (and the "constructive" criticism...) and I did no that about CCleaner but I could not be bothered editing this again because I had to retype it about 3 times because my computer keep crashing :)

Anyways thanks for the feedback Thorlon :)

CCleaner:

You obviously don't know the program that well. It now comes with all copies of Windows 7 and Windows vista.

Wait, what? No it doesn't. It doesn't come with any copy of Windows, OS X, Linux... it's a third party software...

I think Malwarebytes Anti-Malware should be at the top of that list and itunes should be off. And as far as the remote assistance, there is a great free program called VNC that does the same thing.

I've never heard of Vipre antivirus so I don't know how good it is, alternatively, Avast! is free and it works great, I use it on all my pc's.

It's a matter of opinion really.

No Itunes! Winamp or something else. I've been using Winamp for the last 5 years, but I'm open for other options.

Back
Top Bottom