Kim Jong-Il Dead

It's sad whenever someone dies, especially when he was clearly loved as he was. Though I don't know much about him or N. Korea, based on the news in the US it seems they could be a potential threat. Hopefully his son is able to step up and take control seamlessly and nothing stupid happens (like firing any kind of nuclear weapons) because of this.

Apparently none of you know who this clown was... It's about time this guy died. Hopefully his son either pulls N. Korea's head out of their collective backside or suffers the same fate.

Wait, what? Half the people in this thread have never even heard of him. How is that even possible?

I don't think this is going to change anything about North Korea. He hasn't been making most of the decisions for quite a while, and all the people he put in power are going to stay there. It's probably goong to actually make things worse for a while, because he was basically revered as some sort of demi-god. His death is going to cause a surge of N. Korean patriotism, which would likely be dangerous.

From what I've read, Kim jong un is basically the same as his father. I wouldn't expect anything to change soon.

Im genuinely surprised that people don't know who he is, his country has been the only ACTUAL threat to the west for some time. They have nukes, a single-party government, a general dislike for most other countries and a dictator.

His son Kim-Jong Un has been named as his successor, which could be a bad thing because he's reputedly alot more ruthless than his father and has pretty much grown up as a General.

and yes, like all political leaders he does play a part in my life... because politics is what runs the world and I just happen to live in this world. Baring in mind that N. Korea's closest Ally is China, and combined they create one of the most destructive forces imaginable, i'd say N. Korea is still very relevant and it's government should remain under the watchful eye of the rest of the world.

Didn't say I didn't know who he was or the threat that N. Korea presented. Just saying I don't really know anything other than the bits and pieces I catch on the Nightly News here in the States. I try to avoid all things political like the plague. I also don't expect anything to change and also agree that they are a huge threat, but as long as his son doesn't actually change anything, they will remain just that and nothing more - hopefully.

I could spend my whole life worrying about all the countries that are threats or all the leaders that are threats or whatever, but personally there is nothing I'm going to do about it so I decided quite some time ago to not worry about any of it and live my day-to-day life like i've always done.

My thoughts, I hope the relationship with other countries gets better. Hopefully the guy doesn't watch jerseyy shore! lol

His son is much worse. The whole family needs to be removed...

Rest in pieces asshole!

BREAKING NEWS: The White House is working diligently to mask a press conference that went horribly awry this evening in Washington, DC. President Obama made the announcement, "America sends its regards to the world after Kim Kardashian's death as we would any other member of the global community. Her blank stares, crazy family, and dictatorial control of the media with shiny things will not be missed -- but they will be remembered in history nonetheless. We can only hope that the younger Kardashians will bring less pain and moral turpitude to the world than their predecessor did."

Press agents sprinted to the podium to clarify that it was Kim Jong Il, not Ms. Kardashian, who passed away this Sunday evening. Upon hearing the news that he had spoken about the wrong Kim, Obama reportedly quipped, "I see no difference. Good night, America."

Most likely, his death will be blamed on America.

Those that have netflix they have a Documentary on north Korea. Those people are so brain washed its unbelievable. Almost every sentence they say has to mentioned there leader in some way. Mostly thanking kim jong for everything they have (which is about nothing). The only pictures in that country that are allowed is his picture. No family pictures. Then almost half of there country has those concentration camps. Because they say anything that sounds somewhat bad about there leader. That person and there whole family will get killed or sent to the camps. It's pretty crazy. There was a bench at a parked they walked through that was glassed around because he sat on that bench so no one else can use it now. Everyone's health is shit, they can't get medical attention unless Kim Jong him self gives that okay for which is impossible

Back
Top Bottom