Star Wars:The Old Republic Computer help needed!?

pegesus328

Beta member
Star Wars:The Old Republic Computer help needed!?
I used a website called: Systemrequirementslab, and it said that everything was ok except for my video card. Ihave the ATI Radeon X1200 series and the message was: Minimum: 256 MB of on-board RAM and Shader model 3.0 or better support (ATI Radeon X1800 or better, NVIDIA GeForce 7800 or better, Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better).
You Have: ATI Radeon X1200 Series
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 256 MB 1.6 GB
Pixel Shader version 3.0 2.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0 2.0
Will i need a new video card andif so how would i go about getting one and what is the price?

Sounds like it. You might be able to play on lowered settings but you might notice lag.

You can buy one at any local computer shop, Big Box store, or online.

Not normally, unless you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. You have to make sure your computer has the appropriate slot for the card and then you will be able to turn the computer off, pull out the old card, and put in the new one. Turn the computer back on, load the drivers and you're good to go. It's pretty simple if you are comfortable doing it. But if you don't feel comfortable and want to let the shop do it it might be fine (some might even do it for free since it's so easy - the one I worked at did).

Cost depends on what you need. A quick google search shows that an ATI Radeon X1800 runs for around $90-150. Tell them you need a video card. If you can take in your old one, they will be able to make sure that you get a card with the right slot.

Back
Top Bottom