Wireless not being received

tharpdevenport

Baseband Member
Apologies in advance if I got the wrong forum.

We have a computer that receives wireless internet from the Linksys router. But it's getting trouble receiving signal, though within range. I've been doing some fixing on the computer and I've Stopped some programs that may be necessary for it to work properly. This computer gets internet just fine since it's directly wired in.

Both are Windows Vista, if that makes a difference.

Here are the ones Stopped from the Task Manager, Tab: Services, which look like they might be necessary -- hopefully you all will know:

KeyIso (CNG Key Isolation)
napagent (Network Access Protection Agent)
RasAuto (Remote Access Auto Connection Manager)
RemoteAccess (Routing and Remote Access)
RpcLocator (Remote Procedure Call [RPC) Locator)
SharedAccess (Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) )
WinHttpAutoProxySvc (WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service)
Wlansvc (WLAN AutoConfig)

I'm thinking when the computer receiving the wireless signal does get signal, it's not from this, that maybe I've disabled it by stopping one or more of those listed above, and that it's picking up signal from sombody living nearby, accounting for why sometimes he gets no signal.

Thank you for your assistance.

The WLANSVC service provides the logic required to configure, discover, connect to, and disconnect from a wireless local area network (WLAN) as defined by IEEE 802.11 standards

There's your problem. I would also enable napagent.

To be clear, 'cause I think I may not have been:

The computer not receiving the wireless, has that list Stopped. I don't know about the computer not receiving the wireless.

Doesn't that make a difference?

Thank you for the respose.

To be clear, 'cause I think I may not have been:

The computer not receiving the wireless, has that list Stopped. I don't know about the computer not receiving the wireless.

Doesn't that make a difference?

Thank you for the respose.

The computer that is not using a wireless connection has it stopped? WLAN stands for Wireless Local Area Network. I would imagine that it would be stopped since it's physically wired into your Access Point. A computer that depends on wireless access should have the WLAN service started and running.

No, the one not using the wireless signal has it Stopped.

The computer receivig the wireless signal has the WLAN Running.
The following Services on this computer are Stopped, but look like they might be necessary:

SharedAccess (Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) )
NetTcpPort Sharing (Net. Tcp Port Sharing Service)
RemoteAccess (Routing and Remote Access)
RasAuto (remote Access Auto Connection Manager)
RpcLocator (Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator)
wcncsvc (Windows Coinnect Now - Confirg Registrar)
WinHttpAutoProxySvc (WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service)

Back
Top Bottom