[Choice]Buying a new Graphics card or CPU ?

Aud21

Solid State Member
Hello,

I have a question. I am given a certain amount of money for Christmas and I dont know what should I buy. On one hand I have a crappy Graphics card that I'm currently using and on the other I have a crappy Processor which I am also using. I have two possible options from which I have to choose. On one side the Asus Radeon HD6670 1GB DDR5, and on the other side the Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 GHz 3MB Cache. I am currently using an Intel Pentium D 945 which was launched in the early 06 and which is running at 3.4GHz and a ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB DDR2 graphics card. I want to know which choice would be better for gaming? the HD 6670 or the Core 2 Duo?

Thank you.

Here are my current system specifications:

Intel Pentium D 945 3.4GHz 2MB L2 Cache
ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB GDDR2
3GB DDR2 Ram
500GB + 80 GB Hitachi hard drives.
Stock 450W power supply unit.
Stock cooling fan.
MSI G31 TM -P25 motherboard , 2 DDR2 Dimms 8GB maximum. LGA 775.

Neither one is going to get you anywhere as far as gaming. My suggestion is to save up a bit more money. If you could afford both, it'd be usable for some light gaming. With just one, the part you didn't upgrade is going to bottleneck the other.

Thank you for your answer. But if i purchase the Radeon first, it would still give me some more power , even if it is not much, till I purchase the new processor right?

Usually im good in PC hardware, ive made my own pc, my brother's pc and my neighbor's too and assembled the parts myself but.. im really not good in decision making lol

Thanks anyway for your help, I really apreciate it. :)

ok that's what I wanted to know, thank you for answering. I will start saving up money and I will buy the Radeon for xmas. Thank you for your help

Have a good day/night :)

I'd save up more money by not buying anything now and getting a whole new system later when you have enough money saved up.

I know i'd better save up money but im in high school and the pocket money I receive isnt enough for a good pc. My parents are strict about gaming, they told me to save money myself and to buy the parts I need for gaming by saving up my pocket money. The problem is that I am in holidays and that the radeon's price just got down at the shop. I can buy it then keep it somewhere until I buy the processor.. :D

Thanks for your suggestions. I really apreciate it.

Neither one is going to get you anywhere as far as gaming. My suggestion is to save up a bit more money. If you could afford both, it'd be usable for some light gaming. With just one, the part you didn't upgrade is going to bottleneck the other.

6670 can handle all the latest game's , he will be fine on low/mid settings.. won't bottleneck either.

I'd suggest buy cpu after that g'card

6670 can handle all the latest game's , he will be fine on low/mid settings.. won't bottleneck either.

I'd suggest buy cpu after that g'card

Who thanks, Im a litlle bit releaved. Yes ill buy the Processor after the Graphics card , thanks all of you :)

No problem, don't forget to use rivatuner and alter the fan speeds to 60% when playing games.. you'll never regret it :) keep it cool

Back
Top Bottom