are these compatible?

dayghost

Beta member
This is the motherboard I'm looking to buy..
Newegg.com - ZOTAC GF6100-E-E AM3 (up to 65 watt TDP) / AM2+ / AM2 NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP Mini ITX AMD Motherboard

and this is the power supply I'm looking to buy..
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular LED Power Supply

are these compatible? I already have a CPU that will work with the motherboard, and as far as I know, which is not a lot, I don't think the power supply will make a difference with the HDD You use, so will these work together correctly?

There really is none. this is the first time I've ever attempted to build a computer, mostly because as far as I can tell, it is WAY cheaper, and you can make it how you want to. BUT, I took your advice, and used a different power supply. I also decided to look for another ATX motherboard, instead of ITX. What do you think about the setup right here? Any problems, or suggestions?

my case:
Newegg.com - Linkworld 3210-04-C2628 Black/ Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

My Motherboard(new picked):
Newegg.com - ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

My Power Supply(new picked);
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS500-PCARD3-US 500W ATX12V v2.3 Power Supply

My RAM:
Newegg.com - Rendition by Crucial 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory Model RM25664AA667
-I have another 1GB at my house right now to use aswell

My Processor:
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition Heka 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Processor HDZ720WFK3DGI - Processors - Desktops

Any tips?

P.S. I have a hard drive to use at my house, thats why none are listed.

While I don't advocate going cheap on the RAM, I'll play along. There's a much better RAM choice here.

OR Spend a little money to get a bit extra and go with this.

Take the 1GB stick you have at home and make a keychain out of it. With the RAM your selected board can handle, I would be willing to bet that it's much slower than either of the ones I selected (taking full use of what your board can process) and will only slow the new RAM down. I could be wrong about the speed of your existing RAM though so I would double check.

Given DDR3 prices, even if the memory speeds are the same, you'll be better off just replacing it all. Mixed RAM tends to cause all kinds of issues, and it usually takes some experience to know how to handle them.

Make sure your hard drive is decent as well. A slow hard drive can make an otherwise great system a total PITA to use.

Oh, and regarding what to do with the old RAM, I like to put them as Christmas ornaments. Every year, they become more and more obsolete, and it gets to be a reminder of how far technology has come. I have a few Pentiums and some 4MB DIMMs on my tree. </geek>

Back
Top Bottom