Random Chit Chat

has anyone else had trouble buying minecraft? with a paypal account for me it says denied to be processed for some reason then a randomly generated code

I bought in a while ago... will be buying a copy for my son come Christmas-time, so do let me know when the problem is resolved.

All I have is paypal It probably works for other payment methods or else they would be doing something about it in order to sell copies

6a00e55225079e88340147e3ab9957970b-320wi.png

This is how foothead get's out of family events

6a00e55225079e88340147e3ab9957970b-320wi.png

This is how foothead get's out of family events

Hahaha.

But really, I don't have to do anything to get out of family events. I don't even get invited anymore. My dad's whole side of the family thinks I'm Satan incarnate. :( </downer>

Is anyone else here into photography? Fuji just discontinued my favorite slide film (astia 100f) so I need to try something else. Suggestions?

A lot of Republicans seem to be voting based on who they'd like to have a beer with instead of who they think will do the best job as president (example: Rick Perry).

This is old but was scrolling through the RCC thread and had to reply to this. So anyway...

I was watching some Republican debate about a week ago where they were being interviewed by Supreme Court Judges of three states. When Rick Perry came on, the very first question went like this:

CUCCINELLI: You said if elected you would issue an executive order to block the implementation of the federal health care law. What is your authority to unilaterally invalidate a law passed by Congress and signed by the president?
PERRY: Well, obviously an executive order. [...]
CUCCINELLI: As a president, it sounds like you're ready to simply use an executive order to void this law or large parts of it that you don't agree with.
PERRY: Absolutely. And I think…
CUCCINELLI: What is your authority for that?
PERRY: The executive order obviously gives you that authority, but also as I said earlier, having men and women in those agencies that are going to share your philosophy…
CUCINELLI: You are taking the position that you can stop the implementation of a law passed by Congress, signed by the president, with an executive order?
PERRY: I am saying we can stop parts of it. The other parts of it, obviously would have to be done from the rules standpoint…

Did a candidate really just voice his plans to attempt to break federal law, and remove a law passed by the voices (yea right) of the American people because he doesn't agree with it? What the truck is going on with our government??

Did a candidate really just voice his plans to attempt to break federal law, and remove a law passed by the voices (yea right) of the American people because he doesn't agree with it? What the truck is going on with our government??

Pretty much. The guy thinks he can do whatever he wants, and nobody's going to care. He honestly acts like he's had a stroke or something lately. In the debate tonight, he went on this long tangent about football that had absolutely nothing to do with his point, then he said that he is the "Tim Tebow of the Republican party." Add that to the gibberish a couple debates ago, the Dept. of energy thing, the drunk New Hampshire speech, and the way he simply cannot keep his positions straight, and it really looks like something's wrong.

Also, have you seen his latest campaign ad yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PAJNntoRgA

That was probably one of the most irrational things I've ever heard. What the hell does the DADT repeal have to do with schools banning observation of religious holidays (which is illegal, and not widely practiced, I may add)?

Related: Why do the Republican candidates seem to think bashing gays is going to help their campaign? They realize we vote too, right?

I bought my brother a HD6870 for Christmas. Which means I will be getting my 8800GT back. However, my second rig uses a Antec Basiq 450W. I am going to attempt to put the 8800GT back in for SLI on Christmas. I have a feeling its a bad idea, but its my second computer, so I don't really care what happens to it.
I'm only trying because The 8800GT requirements for SLI was 450W with 24 amps (iirc). The PSU I am using for it has 12v1 18a and 12v2 18a. Which totals to 36a, but in reality is more of ~30a (if I did my research correct). Also, the PSU calculator says I only need ~400W for 100% peak load. So yeah, I will be pushing the PSU (if it actually runs).

That was probably one of the most irrational things I've ever heard. What the hell does the DADT repeal have to do with schools banning observation of religious holidays (which is illegal, and not widely practiced, I may add)?

Related: Why do the Republican candidates seem to think bashing gays is going to help their campaign? They realize we vote too, right?

Wow, I don't even know what to say to that ad. I like how the majority of the republican party (at least their representatives anyway) have taken on a "Gay's are subhuman" attitude though. Look, I'm Christian, sure. I don't believe in homosexuality, but I understand that your life choices, are not mine to make or judge. Regardless of the way a person lives their life doesn't make them any worse of a person than me. These "wolves in sheep's clothing" have taken the Christian faith and turned it into a "My way or the highway" type of thing instead of the actual values it's supposed to stand for. When asked about my faith, I usually just tell people that I'm agnostic because I would really rather not be associated with how "Christians" are representing themselves and their faith, it's absolutely disgusting. Beliefs are personal and should stay that way. Unfortunately, the blind masses are voting based on who they think God likes more.

Wow, I don't even know what to say to that ad. I like how the majority of the republican party (at least their representatives anyway) have taken on a "Gay's are subhuman" attitude though. Look, I'm Christian, sure. I don't believe in homosexuality, but I understand that your life choices, are not mine to make or judge. Regardless of the way a person lives their life doesn't make them any worse of a person than me. These "wolves in sheep's clothing" have taken the Christian faith and turned it into a "My way or the highway" type of thing instead of the actual values it's supposed to stand for. When asked about my faith, I usually just tell people that I'm agnostic because I would really rather not be associated with how "Christians" are representing themselves and their faith, it's absolutely disgusting. Beliefs are personal and should stay that way. Unfortunately, the blind masses are voting based on who they think God likes more.

This is how all Christians should handle this IMO. They keep getting caught up on that one verse in Leviticus, (which doesn't even apply to people outside their religion in historical context btw) and ignore absolutely everything else. I really think it has nothing to do with religion at all, and they're just prejudiced and using religion as an excuse so they don't have to admit the real root of their problems. I've seen people who haven't been to church in their life all of a sudden start freaking out about God and Hell as soon as this issue is brought up. It's bizarre.

By the way, I know this gets said all the time, but I really feel I should repeat it: Sexual orientation is not a choice. I believe it's nowhere near as black-and-white as it's usually made out to be, but it's definitely not something you can just turn on and off on command. If that were the case, why would anybody choose to be anything but straight? Society is still extremely prejudiced, so they'd basically be choosing to be discriminated against.

I also think I should clarify what I said earlier: I'm not technically gay. I am ,however, generally lumped in with gays by pretty much everyone, so I think it's okay for me to speak on their behalf in these situations. Also, I'm asexual, so gay marriage laws still apply to me, should I ever want to marry someone of the same sex (not even sure what that would constitute currently, I think it varies by state) which really is a possibility since I don't date based on who I'd most like to have sex with.

Back
Top Bottom