Random game FPS drops (Core i5)

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
I'm playing source engine based games on an HP 2191 US. It's got an i5, with the Intell 3000 video chipset. It's got plenty of power for the games, and plays them fine. However, after I'm in game for a bit, it just randomly gets hit by a massive slowdown, which even full restarts will not fix. What in the world is going on here? Can anyone shed some light on this please? Is it something to do with the i5's power stepping?

which source engine game? which server, gamemode, etc? fps? i've had problems like this before on tf2, like when you have huge amounts of particles (pyro parties, monoculus spamming, etc.) with my old laptop, but the problem was that it just didn't have enough power to play the games. specify, and i might be able to troubleshoot (?)

Two things jump out to me. It start's fine but after time it slows. Then it's still slow after a reboot. To me that screams a heat-related issue. Have you blown out the computer recently?

What celegrom said is correct.. this is for graphics card and I bet that's where the issues lie

Download:
RivaTuner v2.24c download from Guru3D.com

Extract it and run it..

Open it :

80725791.jpg

22292148.jpg

I know it's loud but that's the best I can do.. It's because your graphics card is overheating

Back
Top Bottom