Got hacked by win 7 spyware

RemotePC

Solid State Member
Sunday I got infected by some stupid malware that looked like a spyware detection system. I will spare you the details, but will say it took my ENTIRE sunday to fix it. The fix? Restoring to a previous day....

Note: Restoring has been a life savior MANY times.

In some cases yes it is. But keep in mind the bad guys will hide out in restore points.
When you get seriously whacked with a virus or nasty malware the best thing to do FIRST is to delete the restore points. All of them. Then go to safe mode and run your cleanup programs and your virus and malware programs.
Just rolling back to another day don't get rid of the nasty's.

setishock- thanks for replying.
More details... The virus/malware software wouldn't let me open anything.
It was nearly impossible to download malwarebytes. I had to startup my other computer research it and download the software to my usb. Thanks goodness for the other computer!!!!

Then, i restarted in safe mode and ran the software. it found the nasty stuff, deleted it, but every time i restarted the computer it was STILL there!!!
thats when i did the restore.

Typically, i create restore points after any updates or added software, that way i 'know' my computer is clean up to that certain point.

thanks again! hope this post helps others!

I've had good success with malwarebytes and getting rid of these types of programs. Best thing you can do now is install malwarebytes on the pc and it will keep all those bad guys from getting into your system again.

Malware Bytes is good, but they're starting to slip a bit, so be careful. I actually do a one-two combination of Malware Bytes and SUPERAntiSpyware. Together, they've saved several customers of mine from nightmarish infections.

If all else fails, and you've got no other option other than a format/reload, ComboFix can fix a lot of the issues too, but I save it as a "tactical nuke last shot" effort kind of thing.

Hey there,

There are many good Anti-virus & Anti-Malware software available. You just need to pick the updated one. Also do not go for any free or trial version, as these type of versions do not have full functions and sometimes unable to remove some malware infections from the PC. And yes I agree with "Restoring has been a life savior MANY times."

Have a great time ahead :)

Hey there,

There are many good Anti-virus & Anti-Malware software available. You just need to pick the updated one. Also do not go for any free or trial version, as these type of versions do not have full functions and sometimes unable to remove some malware infections from the PC. And yes I agree with "Restoring has been a life savior MANY times."

Have a great time ahead :)

Just because a program is free doesn't mean it isn't a good program. Microsoft Security Essentials is a great anti-virus and doesn't cost a penny.

Comodo internet security is another amazing free program. Just remember, in a lot of cases, common sense is the best anti virus.

Back
Top Bottom