what do you think about Intel's new Chipset serie?

BikerEcho

Fully Optimized
HI guys. what do you think about Intel's new Chipset serie?
we now have 4 chipsets released in 2011 (not counting the server chipset)

we have H67: the chipset that can't overclock but use intels integrated GPU.

We have P67: the chipset that can overclock but Can't use the integrated GPU.

we have Z68: the chihpset that can both overclock and use the integrated GPU, and also have the SSD caching technology.

we have X79: a new chipset that can what Z68 can do and supports Quad Channel. it uses the new Sandy bridge Extreme CPU's.
standard sandy bridge architecture but has more Cache memory and some comes with 6 cores. That's the only real difference from the CPU's except the new LGA 2011 sucked.

.... what the fuck is wrong intel??? i understand having the Z68 and the X79.... but WHY the P67 and H67?????
Why call it Sandy bridge E, when it is the exact same thing except that SOME has 6 cores and more Cache?????
Why does X79 not have native USB3 ports???? or just more then 2. (some have more because of 3-party controllers)

I think Intel would be raking in the dough if they left all 8 cores enabled for the 3960X. I doubt that a later revision will enable them. 8c/16t will probably hit the desktop with IB-E.

yeah that will be exciting to see what Intel is planing to do.

just a quick note: the 3960X does not have 8 cores. it has 6. so there are not 2 extra cores to unlock.

For the USB 3.0 support, not a lot of hardware is out with native 3.0 yet. By now, they should have all had 3.0 support with 1.1/2.0 compability.
As for the H667/P67, they probably target budget, but the P67 seems to be too much. Budget wise, the H67 would have been a better choice, since it uses an integrated GPU. As well, it should of been named H68.

To be frank, I gave up on Intel when they have released their socket 1155. I knew it would have been coming out with the 1156 and 1155, as well for their Core i5/i3s. The i5 would have originally been used for the 1156 and the i3 for the 1155, but now, we have 3 sockets to choose from. The 1366 still uses the X58 chipset, the 1156 seems phased out and the 1155 is mainstream. AMD still kept their sockets way more compatible and seemed to be always simpler to understand.

Back
Top Bottom