how to configure VPN in windows server 2008 with one network card only.

thaimic

Baseband Member
Hi all,

I want to configure VPN in windows server 2008 with one network card only of server.
Because, I sometime go to business trip and I offten use data from LAN in company.
I installed some application in windows server 2008 already such as DC,DHCP, DNS,File server, But I could not be installed VPN server on that. Because Server require TWO network card to install next step. But present server It is only one network card.

Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

A VPN server has to have two NICs. One for public connection (what you connect to / connection to the world) and one to connect to the private network.

Go buy a cheap server nic and throw it in...

Edit: Well... doesn't have to, but it's a best practice and should have two NICs.

Thanks for your advice.

If so, i will setup one more network card then how to set IP address for network card 1 and network card 2 for SERVER with windows server 2008 (network card 1 and network card 2 plug together with SWITCH).

Please give me the example.

Thanks in advance.

You may need a static IP Address from your ISP. Then, if you have a router/modem, you will need to setup port forwarding on the router. Go to portforward.com for that. Then set each network card with a static IP address. There may be a better way to do this, so you may want to wait for more peeps to weigh in.

Back
Top Bottom