Is it Vista, or is it not enough memory?

Analog Dreams

Solid State Member
My Vista computer from 2008 was a real dog...browsers crashed alot, pages often took alot of time to load, and towards the end, I'd get that hated white screen with the spinning icon alot...and this was while just surfing the net, not running anything memory intensive. It's a 32 bit machine running 2 G's of RAM. It didn't have that many problems when it was new, so I'm wondering; is Vista that bad, or was there something wrong with the computer itself?

I've got a Windows 7 machine now. Granted, it's a 64 bit machine with 4 G's of RAM and higher bus speeds, but it's faster than that Vista machine was when it was new.

dude I also have a sys with vista in it and another with win7 on it...both have the same specs... but after using it for some while the vista sys has slow down alot while the win7 sys is working like day 1..

When you use a computer for that length of time it will become slow, you'd need to clean it often with special tools off the web that cleans the registry and all the computer and prefetch folder which is a trace to everything you do on your machine...

ccleaner is a good program

Your registry probably needs to be cleaned up and your hard drive defragmented. Do you have the same programs loaded on each, because you could also have a memory leak on the Vista.

Back
Top Bottom