Very first build, NEED HELP!

Well, with this being my first build and not understanding everything there is about putting it together, let alone optimizing my performance, my fear is just damaging the entire system and losing money because of my stupidity. I see plenty of people OCing to 5.0-5.1GHz and it working just fine for them, but again, they obviously know what they are doing, which I lack.

As mentioned before, I will leave everything stock until I find the need to overclock it, whether with new games or just the system lacking it's stellar performance. This early in the game, I am afraid of damaging it before I really get some use out of it.

Well I just ordered everything from Newegg today...though it got cancelled. Trying to sit down with Customer Service and figure this mess out. I am highly irritated at this. It's almost like they won't accept my card, though I know it works cause I just used to 20 mins ago. -.-.

Yeah, maybe it is just some freak accident. But I still don't like the fact that they went in and voided my purchase, so now, I have to go back and manually pick the products all over again, make sure I have everything and re-order it all.

Proper overclocking is more of a patient game.. switch things up by 1 notch.. make sure it has enough power, restarting the computer to make sure the temps correct, recheck temp every 5mins... keep it noted down... and repeat the process until it's at a stable temp and stable speeds, like if you overclock to much, well it may just corrupt files on the system..overheat things, overwork processors, burn.. damage the motherbored, so keep it low, people who OC and wonder why their windows is playing up kinda makes me giggle because it takes them so long trying to figure it out and they end up doing wrongful things..

Theirs more to overclocking don't get me wrong but the main things are listed above

sorry for jumping in like this guys, first of all good build i like it, secondly, skyrim doesnt perform well on crossfire, they did the test on 2x 6950's and it didnt go that well, when they disable crossfire, and were using one GPU, it worked perfectly, just a heads up if you run into very low fps on skyrim.

sorry for jumping in like this guys, first of all good build i like it, secondly, skyrim doesnt perform well on crossfire, they did the test on 2x 6950's and it didnt go that well, when they disable crossfire, and were using one GPU, it worked perfectly, just a heads up if you run into very low fps on skyrim.

Definitely thanks for the heads-up. Yeah, I don't mind disabling the CFX to run Skyrim, though that is a bit of a pain lol. Hopefully Bethesda will offer a patch to the game to fix the problem with CFX systems.

Back
Top Bottom