Blueprinting A New Tower

Deagonx

Baseband Member
Alright, I looked around for some decent, but not too costly parts for my new computer.

This is just a layout, and is quite welcome to change (within reason)
I bookmarked all of them, and I'll lay each part out here

PS: I am new to this, and I might even be missing a component, or they might not be compatible. Please tell me if you see me missing an item.

Motherboard (AM3) (DDR3)

Processor (AM3)

CPU Fan (AM3)

Graphics Card (PCI Express 2.1)

RAM (16GB DDR3)

Power Supply (750W)

Hard Drive (1 TB)

Case

I hope I've remembered everything I need to put it together. Please tell me if you see any errors that might occur on bootup using all this, or anything else that might be a problem.

Very open to suggestions

Regards, Deagonx

Looks fine, but what are you going to use the system for, primarily? The X6 is going to be overkill for a lot of things, you can easily get away with an AMD X4 based CPU.

Also, I'd opt for an AM3+ motherboard instead of just an AM3, but that's just me...

Looks fine, but what are you going to use the system for, primarily? The X6 is going to be overkill for a lot of things, you can easily get away with an AMD X4 based CPU.

It'll be used for gaming, primarily. Although it may be a bit overkill on most, it's better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

I can tell you right now that it's going to be overkill for a while longer yet. The current level of installed processors is just now beginning to favor quad cores, and, in brutal honesty, you won't want the Phenom II X6 anymore once programs CAN use all 6 cores.

But it's your money, just trying to save you some based on real world experience. I would still be happy with my Phenom II X4 940 today.

Back
Top Bottom