Random Chit Chat

Wow, hdd cost so much now. I wonder when will they be back to normal. Right now, it seems the price of SSD isnt that bad.

Random challenge for the day: Install lynx

Fixt

Untitled-6.png

I used to be a huge proponent of WD but they've failed me twice now. I would be interested to see some responses to this as well.

Oh the world's gonna end! :p

It's easy to get caught up in the whole mess of losing data, given how much value we place into it. Even good batches of drives go bad. But, and I say this as an IT admin, the spread for failed drives to working drives at work is pretty evenly matched, as long as I pay attention to user reviews online and don't purchase drives which have a lot of recent bad reviews.

I'm running a mixture of Seagate, WD and Samsung HDDs here at home, they're all doing a fine job.

Oh the world's gonna end! :p

Uuuhhhmmmm I don't remember inserting dramatic text into my comment... but anyway. I never lost any data as I always keep my data in two places, three for important data. I've always used WD and Samsung, then got a Seagate for shear cost, but I had a younger WD drive fail before the 'cheap' seagate brand that is still going strong and that was literally years ago. Then, I got a WD elements drive that's not even a year old and already showing signs of being absolute garbage. I just expected more out of them I guess?

I still need to sell my old computer. Think I can sell it for $200?
specs -
Intel C2D E7200
XFX 680i LT SLI mobo
2x1GB DDR2 Corsair XMS2 DHX
8800GT 512MB
120GB Seagate 7200.9 (I think)
DVD-Rom IDE optical drive
Antec Basiq 450W
Random case
Its fully functional and can run Windows 7 fine, no OS will be included though.

I don't think so. For $200, I could easily put together a better new computer. You'll probably do better to part it out.

Also, did anyone else find CNN's handling of the debate last night absolutely hilarious? The ridiculous ~10 minute intro felt more like something that should go before a baseball/football game than a debate.

I only saw parts. I don't want to live on this planet anymore. Ron Paul seems like the only decent candidate at this point still. The rest of the GOP is a joke.

We Americans got so tired of being thought of as dumb asses by the rest of the world that we went to the polls in November 2008 and removed all doubt

I don't think so. For $200, I could easily put together a better new computer. You'll probably do better to part it out.

Really? I would've assumed people will need about $300-$400 if they were to buy the parts brand new. I can't really part it out as I will only sell about one or two of them, then the rest will just sit there and collect dust.
What do you think will be a good price to sell it for then?

Back
Top Bottom