Monitor not working after Windows 7 install

ravioliiiii

Baseband Member
Hello,

I installed Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit on my new hard drive a few days ago. I installed a driver (Win. 7 compatible) for my NVIDIA graphics card, which made the resolution higher for my screen, but didn't recognize my TV, which is connected to the graphics card. Without deleting the original driver, I installed a driver for my NVIDIA Geforce FX5200, but it's not compatible with Windows 7. Installing that driver made the computer recognizing my TV. Everything was fine for a few days until now. Now when I turn on the computer, my monitor does not get recognized at all (not even for the boot). I even tried to plug in a monitor from another computer, and it won't recognized that either. What should I do?

Does your TV pick up any signal ?

So from the moment you switch on your computer you get nothing on the display at all on the monitor ?

Have you checked to see if your graphics card (if applicable) is fully secure in the socket ?

It would be a coincidence but it may not be anything to do with the graphics at all, could be a RAM issue if your not getting anything to display. Are you getting beeps when the computer starts ?

TV doesn't pick up the signal either. And yes, from the moment I switch the computer on, I get nothing on the monitor. I took out the graphics card and put it back in and reconnected the cable, no luck. I took your advice, removed the new RAM, and put in the old RAM I had. Still no luck. Could it just be that the graphics card is done?

Possibly, do you have on-board graphics you could test ?

What size power supply do you have ? is it enough for the hardware you have ?:confused:

Also what about the hard drive activity light ? is it flashing

460 W
Fixed voltage power supply -- 110V at 50/60 Hz
Back up batter -- 3-V CR2032 lithium coin cell

I don't think I have on-board graphics, and where would the hard drive activity light be found?

The HDD light would be on the front of the pc if you have one, Perhaps near the power light ? if this is flickering and you can hear the hard drive working then im pretty sure that your graphics card is possibly dead however if their is no HDD activity then this is not your problem.

The on-board graphics would be on the motherboard and would be on the back of the PC near where you plug in your USB devices and power cable.

u2424-front-800.jpg

That's what the back of my computer looks like.
I definitely hear and feel the hard drive moving and the lights by the power button are flickering.

OK unfortunately you do not have on-board graphics that you can use to test. The only suggestion I have is to test the card in a friends PC.

If the hard drive sounds like it it working (i mean reading and writing, not just spinning) then the graphics output might be the problem however if its not then you could be looking at a motherboard problem after ruling out RAM and PSU.

on the right of that picture is a battery in the back.. next to the sata input.. take that out and put it back in.. should default it

The CMOS battery, like a watch battery

Back
Top Bottom