Something I wanna show off

$140 isn't all that much to win but I wouldn't complain either. ;)

The best "return" I ever got from a slot machine was back in around 1977 or so when I won $250 from a single nickel. My wife won $2500 on a dollar machine once, my biggest jackpot was $800 from a dollar machine.

I don't care much for gambling anymore so when I do go I just play nickel video poker machines.

No I didn't say you couldn't be happy, just said I wouldn't have screamed OMFG x10. I was expecting to see that you won $800-1000 or something that's all. As I started my post with - I'm glad your happy and excited about it. That's it. I would be happy too for $140. I also never said you were not good at poker. I don't know where you got that idea from. Sorry if I said something to make you think that.

Again, congrats to you. Glad you won and were able to take care of your debt. Many people aren't so lucky.

The concept of winning money over the net still is intriguing for me...
Congrats man!

Is online poker legal in the US? I thought there was something about it being illegal, but I can't remember.

Online Poker is not illegal in the US. The problems occured when banks were working with the international sites and the money exchange between them. I don't know the full details but it's bascially illegal to use your credit card (issued from a bank) to deposit money onto poker sites, but it's not illegal to play poker online for money. There are several smaller poker sites that have setup some kind of unique way for you to deposit money (though I don't know how relieable they are or how hard it is to get your money back).

are you talking about why a poker site got took down, aka full-tilt? It was something to do with the license and it went bust

You're allowed to use credit cards on any of the poker software..

Must of been a bit naive here. I thought / Assumed it was to do with money Laundering?

And what was happening was pretty similar to what Macaveli mentioned in that you cant use your card to get money on there any more, but there was one or 2 complex ways of doing it, which most people probably wouldnt do as they are a bit wary of it.

I've look into it as I've recently decided I wanted to play online poker. The US banks are not dealing with any international poker sites (aka all of them).

wow what?, 888 accepts credit cards ? anyway why not use paypal? that's what I use, works fine here.. pay with your credit card threw paypal.. altho i'm not saying gamble lol, just add like $5 that's the minimum at 888, which is overall the min deposit around the web.

luke, you may be right about that money laundry altho I never quite remember what it was, here's what it was

The shutdown comes as Full Tilt is courting potential investors and lenders in an effort to raise funding to pay back online poker players it owes money, according to two people with knowledge of the situation. The Alderney Gambling Control Commission said it acted in response to U.S. indictments of executives at Full Tilt and other online poker companies in April as part of a crackdown by the U.S. Justice Department. The department accused the executives of bank fraud, running illegal gambling operations and other offenses

So it was money laundry lol wow

Back
Top Bottom