Need a laptop that will do what an Apple does for half the price.

oper8or

Beta member
My daughter wants a Mac laptop for recording music and such. I cannot afford the price of a Mac and am wondering what I can get in the $500 dollar range that will do what she wants creatively. She is a talented musician and singer and just wants a laptop to use for her musical interest. Any help as far as specs and programs that would benefit her (and me) would be greatly appreciated.

Honestly, just about any laptop with Windows 7 at that price point will suit her. It comes down to brand preference (if any) and accessibility to other software that will be the key deciders. You can also try the Mac store for used systems, as well as Ebay if you're careful and read all the fine print (if any...)

Problem is, as she'll no doubt tell you, some of those apps aren't available on Windows, but there's little performance gain by going to a mac, just program availability, so if she can find some that work on Windows as well, the Windows based laptop is a good way to go.

You will just have to see if there are programs available on Windows that will suit her needs.

Back
Top Bottom