PC shuts down after 3 seconds then restarts and works fine???

how would i be able to know if the mobo is dead. only things i have not tried is PSU and MOBO. thanjks

You will just have to try to find a Power supply you can borrow. I'm still leaning toward the MOBO but I could be wrong. Like I said, it's my experience that any time a PC starts but doesn't boot, that it's usually the MOBO

so you've taken the cpu off and put thermal on? wow, and you've bought new ram..

With a black screen coming on when you switch the computer on theirs alot to try..

What is your harddrive? is it the old IDE cable? if so, taking the IDE's wires of and changing them can confuse the system resulting in a blackscreen, had that problem along time ago.. only way we fixed it was we switched the IDE around multiple times untill it showed the screen, eventually it fixed it and worked.

Tried taking the CMOS battery out the mobo?

have you got a onbored VGA slot? or are you using a graphics card and the mobo doesn't have an onbored VGA support?

Is their any beep noise when you turn it on and leave it?

Try taking the motherbored out, maybe a screw is under the motherbored stopping the circuits.

Have you actually tried taking it all apart bit by bit, everything out.. try it, it's amazing at how many times this fixes these problems

yes put new thermal on
hdd is sata.
taken CMOS out and tried reseting it.
had on-board GPU but bought a new VGA card and still same.
no beeps.
i have taken mobo out and cleaned it all, hence why i said DEEP clean.

what i dont get is it shutdowns after 3 seconds then comes bk on and what i can hear seems fine. jus no screen.

yep everything is all in tact. cpu HS is fine. HDD is new RAM is new. GPU is new. everythings been chanegd apart from MOBO, CPU, PSU. no one as a spare PSU that i can borrow. seen one on CCLONLINE which i will get soon.

Please keep us updated so we know what the problem turned out to be. Sounds like everything will be new except the MOBO and CPU. Hopefully the power supply will fix it.

Back
Top Bottom