Is my Sylvania Meso Netbook Synet581 worth upgrading?

Nocashy22

Beta member
I have a Sylvania Synet581 Net book .I don't have the owners manual,so if anyone has any advice on how to obtain one that would be great also.I looked everywhere on the web with no luck.My question is,is it worth upgrading this inexpensive net book that I purchased for my daughter at toys are us.On the back,there appears to be 4 screws on the bottom,towards the front,and a screw that hold an L shaped panel. What I just listed,appears to be the only way to gain access to this computer.I have a buddy,that's a computer tech(when I can ever get a hold of him),that can help me, if this is worth upgrading,in everyone opinion.My intent will be to use this for web browsing,and emailing only.

Thanks everyone.

P.S. I will be out until late this afternoon,so I probably will not be able to respond back until this afternoon.

What's wrong with it at the moment ? what are you thinking of upgrading. With netbooks you are very limited as to what you can upgrade. And you say Toys R Us ??? Didn't know they sold computers? :confused:

Toys R Us LOL! Man I giggled.. nah it seems fine for browsing, I can tell already you're not a heavy internet user so sure keep it and have that friend fix it

Ask yourself.. how long do you spend online a day?

The lack of any real information on this device online is a testament to what kind of value the company placed into the system. I think you'd be wasting your money on the unit. If you must keep her in Netbook territory, Acer sells some really nice units on Amazon for $189-$228 or so and they are partially upgradable (RAM, hard drive) and run Windows 7 like a champ. I own the Aspire One 722 and love the thing.

I'll keep looking, but initial searches aren't promising online. :(

Thanks to those who responded,I bought this computer slash net book for my 10 year old.She thinks now she needs something else,anyway to make a long story short,I can see by the post's, that its probably not a great idea to sink any money into this unit.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom