Computer Freezing . Shuts off when start up . etc . etc. What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it could be a very bad virus. if i were you i would reinstall your os and reformat your entire system before buying anything.

it could be a very bad virus. if i were you i would reinstall your os and reformat your entire system before buying anything.

--- I don't use any anti virus software because i'm not stupid and i don't go on stupid sites. I really only go on honda-tech.com, b20vtec, ebay, paypal... Haha, that's my life.

But, yeah. I don't think it's the PSU because of the fact it still did it when only the 1 HD and video card was hooked up, i don't think it's my hard drive because it passed all the checks. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the chipset fan, but idk how that would explain me not being able to view my files.

If i would reformat my OS, and have everything copied over to my other hard drive. Would it be safe to say that the virus isn't attached to those files? Or IF i even have a virus that it will be on the OS files and nothing mediocre like the my document files.

hmmmm. i have that clicking noise too......i started hearing when i turn the setting up on my drive with SysTool v1.0

your computer can still be infected with a virus even though you dont go on any unsecure websites. viruses can be attatched to photos or even through games. and the virus could have spread through your entire system its hard to tell without a virus scanner.

Well.... I took my mobo out, cleaned the heatsink on my processor and then the heatsink on my video card.

Got to the chipset fan..... IT WAS MELTED!

So i still have no chipset fan but i just left it off completly now.

BUT!!!

I plugged everything back in hooked up how it should be. I turn on the computer and nothing happens. I mean there is power getting to everything. No beeping from my mobo saying it's booting up, my monitor doesn't even go on and show the bios screen.

All fans come on, HD clicks, etc etc. No visual, i don't think it's even booting. Now im really screwed and i triple checked my wiring. Don't know what to do once again.

Good NEWS!

The computer doesn't shut off when i try and start it up, it just stays on but shows and does nothing.... dang it!

(on my laptop as a last resort now)

Anyone have some feedback on my current condition? I am having a buddy come over to analyze my work. see if he can spot something im looking over.

i hate computers....

In my experience it could also be a cpu problem. I had this happen to me on a p4 computer. It would turn on for 1-2 seconds and immediatly shut off. When it finally did boot into windows everything was frozen. Luckily I checked my task manager and the cpu load was at 100% without anything running but the OS. When I took off the cpu fan the cpu came with it and was stuck to it. A little artic silver later and it was fine. But if your cpu is dead then you might need a new one.

From my experience using forums and digging 3years thread is a sign of wtf moment

what the hell, a year i'd think it was abit lame but 3years? wtf set you back that far lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom