Blue screen then laptop wont turn on ??? RAM ????

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
Hi all, the computer blue screened (didn't catch the error code) and then went off, after that it was turned back on and the fans spin but the screen stays black and wont go any further. It has also been plugged into an external monitor and still nothing.

Im thinking RAM is bad ??? Any other ideas ???

Thanks

Is it also hooked up to the power cord constantly? Unhook everything from it, hard reset it and let it sit for about 2 minutes. Then, while everything is left off, turn it back on. I get a similar problem with my netbook and this usually fixes the problem. But then again, I'm using foreign power supply due to me being overseas...which causes all kinds of problems with American engineered electronics, even with converters.

tried taking the RAM out? mostly laptops have 2 memory slots in the, under the keybored and at the back, if it has two take one out and retry, if not take the other out and try one or another.

Shame it's a laptop.. but you said bluescreen so kinda makes me think it's not a backlight problem or the inverter.

Switch it on and stand up looking down on the laptop screen can you see anything? try look close at the screen so it's defo not just a really hard to see screen.. if it is that's the inverter

No its not a back light problem as it has been hooked up to an external monitor and get nothing on that, im pretty sure its RAM. When I get a chance I will first try Area85Gaming's suggestion and then look further into the RAM as InventD45 suggested. I will post back the results when I know more, Thanks guys.

Pull the battery, leave the power disconnected, remove the RAM and hard drive.

Reconnect the hard drive, then the RAM, and then plug in just the power cord after 15 minutes of them being out. Turn the system back on and see if it posts normally. If not, pull the RAM out and try it one at a time. If still nothing, it's possible the system pooped out on you and finally kicked the bucket entirely.

Alternatively, try some other RAM, but if you still can't get any video on both an external monitor and the onboard LCD display, then you'll have to cut your losses. :(

No its not a back light problem as it has been hooked up to an external monitor and get nothing on that, im pretty sure its RAM. When I get a chance I will first try Area85Gaming's suggestion and then look further into the RAM as InventD45 suggested. I will post back the results when I know more, Thanks guys.

O god how retarded of me, I forget you mentioned that, lmfao dam

Back
Top Bottom