Gigabyte A75M-S2V - TMPIN1 very high, what's up?

throstur

Baseband Member
I've got a relatively new computer, about a month old. I've tried both HWMonitor and Speedfan and both of them are telling me that despite all other temperatures being <40°C, Temp2 in speedfan (TMPIN1 in HWMonitor) is reading at 92°C... That seems like a pretty high number and it makes we wonder whether I received a defective product. The temperature also seems to fluctuate very quickly, one second it's at 85 and the next it's at 96 and so on... HWMonitor tells me it's gone up to 100°C which, understandably, worries me.

What should I do? Should I talk to my tower manufacturer or is there nothing to be worried about?

It is most likely that the software can't read the sensors properly. This is common on new builds; even mine gives you weird readings, but let's be safe than sorry; open up your PC and make sure the airflow in the case is sufficient, and touch the GPU, to see if it's hot. Try to feel if there's a heat spike somewhere. If there's none, and all seems to be operating normally, then it's a sensor issue, like I said.

I believe the air flow is sufficient within the case, I placed my hand around the ventilation areas of the case and did feel some air coming through, it wasn't awfully hot at all. The GPU shouldn't be hot either - both the sensors say that it is fine and also I hadn't been running any graphical applications (the screenshot wasn't taken very long since reboot). In continuum I ran EVE-Online and Half-Life 2 simultaneously on separate monitors for about an hour and the temperatures only changed in the GPU - going to a mere 54°C.

So, everything's fine, right?

Yeah it sounds to me that the sensors, as Ihuser mentioned are bad and they are not reading correctly. At 96 degrees Celsius, just opening the side panel and feeling around, within seconds you would be able to tell where a heat spike is at those temps. If there is nothing too majorly hot (everything feels around the same temps) then I would say again, it's the sensors.

I don't know what's much wrong here, GPU's run hotter then CPUS, goto your manufacture to get the max temp it can go...

Back
Top Bottom