First Build - High-end Gaming Rig $2500 budget!!!

Wow, i was reading osmewhere on here that they said 8gb is to much. Lmao im building one with 8gb and ive tested it like opening massive amounts of high processing programs, e.gt cad . cod . visual basic e.t.c and then it only took like 5 gb! Wild so i don know why ppl get 12gb :L

single 6970, running 3 monitors all at 1920x1080 each ? whats does the gpu have left for games ?

Go look at the card if you may want to make a suggestion about it. It is by far one of the most powerful cards I have seen on the market. It is built to take that kind of tension.

dont take it in a bad way, im just saying that 3 monitors 1080p each, on one card, then trying to play the latest games on highest settings, it wont happen

dont take it in a bad way, im just saying that 3 monitors 1080p each, on one card, then trying to play the latest games on highest settings, it wont happen

So what do you suggest I do? Go with a 27" single screen? Or what?

EDIT: And I didn't take that in a bad way. Like I said, I am new to all this. I was told that with this card, you could easily run a 6 monitor setup and run most of today's games off it with no problem, it would handle the work load. If you know something I don't, please, help me out.

if you want good clean game play and still keep all 3 monitors, go crossfire, or run a single monitor, maybe even dual monitors

if you want good clean game play and still keep all 3 monitors, go crossfire, or run a single monitor, maybe even dual monitors

Well I was told, for gaming, dual monitor setups are crap because you don't want your crosshairs in the gap between monitors. So I believe that leaves me with either CFX or a single monitor. Which would you honestly suggest? And I believe if I CFX, shouldn't I bump down to say a 6950 or something? Or even like a 6850?

well, if you get the late model 6950's you can flash them to be 6970's, just have to google which ones you can do it on, me personally i dont like more then one monitor setup, but each to there own. If you want 3 monitors got with 6950's and flash them to 6970's and save your self some money.

Well I don't mind not having the 3 monitor setup honestly. I would just swap the 3 screens for a 27", which I already have one in mind. So you would suggest that?

it comes down to personal preference, i would much rather spend the money that 3 monitors cost, on one single 27" 120Hz 3D ready monitor and play games in 3D, but if you would rather 3 monitors over a single monitor, then by all means get that, a 1080p 24" monitor uses about 400mb of ram off the graphics card. if it were me, i would get a 2560x1600 monitor, way better and more clear then 1920x1080, BUT i say it again, if thats not what you want, you have to go with what will make you happy at the end of the day, you are the one spending the money. I am just giving you my opinion on what i would do. a single monitor is cheaper to run, do not need a massive power house of graphic cards to run them and will save a lot of desk space.

Haha alright. I will look into the 2560x1600 screens, since the cards suggested resolution is just that :D.

EDIT: I couldnt find a good 2560x1600 or 1920x1200 monitor for a good price/review, so I settled for a widescreen 1920x1080 I am also down to about $2000 total, which I thank you for :D

Back
Top Bottom