why is it tell me this

hobby_guy

Baseband Member
when I try to move a item is asking me...

You need permission to perform this action
You require permission from Everyone to make changes to this file

And the account that I'm using is the administrator and there only one log in to the computer, why is it say that I need permission from everyone, this is on Windows 7 if it makes any different.

Well thanks in advance. :)

Right click the folder, choose properties. Click Security tab. Click Edit. Click Add. Type Everyone and hit enter. Select Everyone in the list, then put a check in "Full Control - Allow" then click Apply/Close.

Hopefully it's not a file that requires such security in the first place, but that's an easy way to get that set up.

I think if you right click on the folder and find permissons you should be able to change it.

the folder or just the file, and look for permissions once I click the right button of the mouse and thank you for your comment.

Right click the folder, choose properties. Click Security tab. Click Edit. Click Add. Type Everyone and hit enter. Select Everyone in the list, then put a check in "Full Control - Allow" then click Apply/Close.

Hopefully it's not a file that requires such security in the first place, but that's an easy way to get that set up.

well thank you very much hope it work but what file are you talking about of requires such security which one are does.

We mean the item that you are trying to move.

Oh I just got confuse cause.... og told me how to do it and made it sound like that it might be another file with more security and the instruction that he gave me wasn't gonna work for that type of file. But thank you for clarifying that for me.

Ok there is not a security tab on the single file and try on the entire folder and it didn't have one ether but there is a sharing tab but when I press to share with Everyone and press done it still tell me that I cant share this folder. so is there a way to do it.

Thanks. :D

The "Administrator" account comes disabled on Windows 7 and Vista by default. It's there, you just don't know it. That's why when setting up a new computer you can't name your account "Administrator".

I have no idea why you don't have permissions to move folders. Is it all folders and files or just one of them?

You can enable the admin account by running a command prompt as administrator (stupid concept, I know.)

net user administrator /active:yes

run that. If you can't get in cmd as admin you gotta do it in safe mode. Then go to users and groups and make yourself admin to everything.

The "Administrator" account comes disabled on Windows 7 and Vista by default. It's there, you just don't know it. That's why when setting up a new computer you can't name your account "Administrator".

I have no idea why you don't have permissions to move folders. Is it all folders and files or just one of them?

You can enable the admin account by running a command prompt as administrator (stupid concept, I know.)

net user administrator /active:yes

run that. If you can't get in cmd as admin you gotta do it in safe mode. Then go to users and groups and make yourself admin to everything.

Yeah it's only on file that won't let me is a .dll

and also I don't know if you guys going to understand the next thing but when you guy go to computer on windows7 then you go to C: then to Users there is a folder with a little lock on it and a name in this case is my girlfriends how do I change the name.

I just did the cmd command and it say --- The command completed successfully ---
It still telling me that I need permission from everyone
What I also forgot to mention is when I try to move it the AVG Resident Shield Alert come up telling me --- Threat detected and I press Ignore but it still won't let me move it.

When I turn off the laptop and log back on it had another user option to log in and it was administrator but even though it won't more the file.

Back
Top Bottom