My computer is weaker than I thought? Cant play Skyrim at high settings :/

og is right, a good clean wouldnt hurt, if your doing the GPU's might as well clean all fans if any. 4890's are pretty out dated, just dont stress to much about not running the game on max settings, just find settings that play the game stable and enjoy it :)

yea im artifacting pretty bad. and you guys make a good point. The pc hasnt been cleaned in 4 months so ill give it a nice thorough clean. try small increments of overclocking and see where that gets me. id rather be told i need to get better graphics cards as opposed to thinking something is wrong with my rig. Thats money down the drain. Thanks a lot guys ill keep all of you updated.

yeah, your rigs fine, maybe just overclock the cpu a little and update the graphics card ?, thats if you cant live without running max settings

yea so...everything is fine. I dont know how but it is. All i did was a system restore and reinstall the game. Now, the game is running extremely crisp on high settings. It looks like a totally different game. No overclocking of the cpu or the gpu. Any ideas what could have been wrong?

EDIT: just ran ultra settings and it is also running just as smooth. I just dont know what to say. It is what it is though.

Hmm, it's possible something didn't install right the first time. By doing a system restore, have you gone back a version of your graphics card drivers?

It's also possible when you installed it this time round, new patches have downloaded which work better with the cards you have.
It's possible the game wasn't SLI/Crossfire friendly before, but now is.

Back
Top Bottom