What do you do when you feel depressed?

clacker

BSOD
I've recently been very down and depressed recently which has also led to me losing my temper a lot with everyone. I won't go in to reasons in to why I feel like this because it's seem pretty silly. Anyway what I'm asking is ,what do you do as a release from the stresses of life?? For example a hobby or relaxation

Having gone through this, losing my job, going bankrupt, and losing almost everything I own, including my family. Its a hard thing, and some people just don't get.
See your doctor. This is the best advise I can give you. Once I did, it was a long road to put myself and my family back together.
In fact, I'm still dealing with some of the affects to this day. And it's been 10 years now. The sooner you get help the better off you will be.

Good Luck.

ye me to detox, but the others like your bank problems I don't have.. I had a family.. a son of 18months now and the sons mother my ex.. we split up , she blames it all on me, all I can say is I did try.. anything he needed I'd go get it.. I was their changing him.. bathing him.. you know but I guess I did things wrong sometimes and she hated it, but I told her this was all new to me.. and It's hard for me too.. she's go mad because I had 15min naps while i was thier.. I had worked all week come to see my son.. after had seeing him all day I had a 15min nap.. things like this she got mad.. I really was stressed, down and thought well I loved her and my son.. we got in a massive arguement, she didn't want me round.. I only get to see my son 6hours once a week.. it got me so depressed for ages, then I thought well.. what can I do? heres my answer... be around your friends.. being around friends takes your mind of it all and looses you up.. then you get a habbit of seeing friends.. life becomes better, I can now say I'm over her and happy enough now I have no shit to deal with with her.. altho I'd love to go back but tbh I'm happy with my friends knowing things are good, I'd do anything to be with my son everyday still but she won't let that happen.. I don't want her back, she knows that and that's why she only lets me see my son once a week, she can't handle it now that I don't give a f**k bout her..

be round your friends

I like a good read. Authors tend to go through the same things we do, sometimes more, and they write about it. Share their feelings in the form of a book. Which is why I like books because you can associate with the exaggerated problems in another person's life. To see that you aren't the only one. To see that these people (the author) had problems and found a way through. Everything may look black around you, but it's finite. There is light in this world.
“Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” -Stephen King.

And that brings me to the next thing. Quotes, I love quotes, because one good quote from someone can say so much about anything.

A few of my favorites:

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness.
We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." - Chuck Palahniuk

We can spend our lives letting the world tell us who we are. Sane or insane. Saints or sex addicts. Heroes or victims. Letting history tell us how good or bad we are. Letting our past decide our future. Or we can decide for ourselves. And maybe it's our job to invent something better. - Chuck Palahniuk

So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S. Thompson

I usually draw what I'm feeling while listening to music. Some of my pictures can get a little... twisted. But I do feel refreshed afterwards.

Exercise is always a good practical thing to do - preferably in the morning because it helps lift your mood and wake you up (all those endorphins flying around.) Balance that with eating healthily if you're not already and it can really make a difference.

depends how down your feeling , if you think your really depressed and nothing else you've tried is working id always go and see a doctor .
For me the things I try are spending time with friends / my gf always fun and makes me laugh an awful lot .failing that watching some comedy or something I know will make me laugh . its amazing what laughing can do for your mood .

Exercise is another good one , ive been excising pretty regularly as well as eating well and I haven't felt down in a while that routine excersise gets me in a certain frame of mind and tbh whatever goes wrong I can just go the the gym and run it off or cycle it off .

depends how down your feeling , if you think your really depressed and nothing else you've tried is working id always go and see a doctor .
Of course - I should've mentioned this. If you're really feeling like something's up much more than usual then it never does any harm to see a doctor, I'd definitely recommend it.

I do weights occasionally and it does get rid of some stress but it can also make me feel angry so I might take up mountain biking again :)

Back
Top Bottom