New Motherboard - BIOS update Question

luchador357

Solid State Member
I have bought a new motherboard for a new build and have a question about the bios update. This is the motherboard:
Newegg.com - ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

I was doing some research regarding available bios updates for this board and found there are 4 available bios updates on the asus website (I am going to be running Windows 7 64 bit OS):
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

ok here is the question:
If I was to flash my bios do I need to start with the earlier bios update and work my way up one by one or,
do i just get the latest version bios update and that would include all the fixes from the 4 bios updates available?

The latest update will work. Is there any reason you're updating or just saw the update available?

The first 2 of 4 bios updates version 0501 and version 0606 deal with items needed to enable smart response technology. I think the one I need is version 0606 since that deals with the latest version of intel rapid storage technology 10.6.0.1002. Correct me please if I am mistaken.
Bios version 0706 provides a bunch of fixes
Bios version 0902 provides support for 22nm processor (ivy bridge?)

Say I need to instal smart response tech so I would choose between 0501 or 0606 and also need 0706 but not 0902 since I will use sandy bridge 2500k,

Which version should I flash the bios with?

The latest BIOS will contain all of the previous updates, go with 0902 and it'll install all of the previous fixes.

Back
Top Bottom