Wireless question

fpod

Beta member
I just purchased and built my first do it yourself machine. I have Windows 7 64 bit and a ASUS M4A88T-M motherboard. I can connect to the internet when I plug it into the modem but can't seem to figure out how to access it wirelessly. Do I need to buy a wireless adapter or I am I just missing the drivers? I have been playing around with this most of the day and am at a lost so any and all help is welcome. I don't see anything about wireless connections when I go to the device manager.

Again thanks

Hi, That motherboard doesn't have inboard wireless you need to buy a PCI wireless card they can be had for a few £/$, Try and get one with a B/G/N as it means you can support more wireless networks :)

Thanks, is there a big difference between the USB ones vs the internally installed ones?

The internal ones tend to be better I use usb ones and I hate them, they have less singal normally and my ping is higher and more to the point I rather save my usb ports for other things :)

USB wireless adapters tend to break over time in my experience from either wear on the USB connector or bad solder joints. PCI cards are the most reliable way to go.

Back
Top Bottom