Disabling Wireless Network Automatic Search.

Smart_Guy

Fully Optimized
Dear All:

I finally installed a SSD storage replacing the old HDD and noticed a crazy speed difference. The only problem that still exists for me that cannot be controlled by storage access time or any other hardware other than the directly related one is searching for wireless networks. I use a bridging internet connectivity as I have problems holding me from connecting otherwise and for some reason I cannot establish the connection unless the wireless device finishes searching completely on every start up.

Question is:
Is there a way to disable automatic wireless network searching and just keep and remember the last wireless networks found when I manually refresh the list?

I know it takes only about 10-15 seconds but I'm looking at other tweaks with small delay where combined makes a real annoying delay.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks Bullzi for the help. From the description, This actually controls the function to be able to just see networks and probably if I turn it off, the search might just be disabled to go along with this function disabled, or maybe the search will start and return with no results. I, however, will not ignore your help and try it when I get back home. I'm in the office right now and the system here is Vista and the network is wired so I cannot try it and take the results for granted. I hope wireless networks are treated the same.

Back
Top Bottom