Upgrading Motherboard. Rate My Choice?

So spring for a 600 for save measure?

Also, it's not a 500 I found out. Opened up the tower and it's this.

Newegg.com - Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W ATX12V V2.2 Intel Core i7 Compliant Dual 80mm Fans Full Cable Sleevings Power Supply

Yea if that's the case I'd recommend going for a 600. See if you can nab an 80 Plus Certified PSU, they're pretty easy to come by and usually won't burn too big of a hole in the wallet. They contain more efficient components and tend to last quite a bit longer.

That'd be a mighty fine buy IMO. Not sure if you're a stickler with cabling or not but the modular setup will definitely help from the organization standpoint.

Hmm... I was looking at the dimensions and it seems this model is a little bit larger than mine.

How do I know if it will fit?

(I am running on a CM5671 ASUS if that helps)

Well kind of a toss up. That looks like a standard ATX case but the distance between the DVD Rom and PSU looks pretty close. As long as it's a standard ATX case you should be fine, don't hold me to that though.

Not sure if the extended ATX board is still in the picture or not, but beware if you go for that Extended ATX board, you'll have to buy a specialized case to fit the motherboard. If you go with one of Niiko's recommendations however, you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom