Explorer.exe is malfunctioning! Help!

Yes I have, and it says: Files that are required for Windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL cache. Please insert your installation disk now. As I said before, I don't have the disk because this is a second hand computer and came installed with Windows XP.

That points to a currupt windows install then. In most cases it doesn't need the disk, but when it does it's typically a major issue that it's trying to fix. You might be best off contacting the manufacturer of the computer and purchasing a copy of the restore disk.

That points to a currupt windows install then. In most cases it doesn't need the disk, but when it does it's typically a major issue that it's trying to fix. You might be best off contacting the manufacturer of the computer and purchasing a copy of the restore disk.

Ok, will do. Probably won't have time to take the computer in until after Christmas though, I'm busy with exams at the moment. Thank you for helping me out with this though, and if you have any other suggestions as to what I could try before I take my computer in, please post them. Thanks again!:D

Back
Top Bottom