Rant on ... everything really

Teris

Baseband Member
Right, I need my yearly complain about everything because it's all just getting to me! Might as well post it here…

First off work, all of my lovely colleagues can piss right off. Don't give me 100 things to do in the morning, then 100 more in the afternoon then complain when it's not all finished by the end of the day! How can I finish the work if I keep getting asked where the work is? It's enough for 3 people to do in a day and they expect it instantly!? Next is the management, they can go do one; we have a new acquisition that no one has told us about and they want 10 PCs and lines in from our hosted company in 2 weeks!? They can barely do that in two months... Then I have my MD say to me, "if you need them to speed up, just tell them my name and say I'm not happy". Yeah as if that's going to help! They don't care who our MD is in a 300 user insurance company... Who gives a flying turd... Get over yourself…

Next computing can go do one. Why doesn't anything work? I cant get this project moved forward and that wonderful feeling of unfulfilment is setting in as we have "sick note" Steve off ill so I've got twice the work flooding my desk and inbox. 300 users complaining that a system is down? I know it's down; I just had 299 other calls about it! I've even sent an email out to everyone telling you not to phone me because I'm looking at it! Why the hell are you calling me stupid user!? Stop wasting my time...

Dad, you're next. Why did you have that wonderful idea of getting me into computers? I see this whole thing ultimately as your fault. "If you want a desktop you'll have to build it, here are the bits" That was a bloody stupid ideas wasn't it! Not as if I had a choice, I just wanted to play runescape with my friends back in the day when it first came out; of course I was going to build and install it all on my own and here is where I have ended up!

Alan Carr. I just don't like you, your voice is annoying and no one really wants to watch your TV show.

With all the above some very nice person decided to drive into the back of my car last night on my way home. Nice person, thanks for denting the back, now I have to faff around with my insurance company. It's just more annoying than anything else. I can't even drive to my house tonight because it's on the carnival route, can't even leave my own car at my house… brilliant…

And to top it all; I'm sitting here completely unmotivated at work and all I want to do is get home and play Skyrim. I was on it for about 5 hours last night and just want to hit into it again. I did have a days holiday for today but that had to be cancelled so it could assist in going to Australia with my missus for Christmas; to be honest, right now I'd say screw Christmas, screw Australia, I don't care that I've already bought the tickets; I WANT TO KILL SOME DRAGONS.

Rant over for now…

I share many of the same problems... the unmotivated sitting at the desk wanting to go home and hop on my bike and bomb around, forget the world.

However, it's not from being overworked to death, it's from being underpayed and undervalued. I'm not even listed as a permanent employee.

I wonder sometimes where it all went wrong, I could be doing A-Levels right now and have some future prospects, but instead im sat at Desk No.2 at Fujitsu Services with no motivation to do anything.

and Alan Carr... thanks for reinforcing the stereotype that all gay people are whoopsies, nice going there. It's reverse-homohpobia.

I imagine myself without a job constantly, it's actually more of a wish than anything else but it's one of those annoying bits of life, maybe a lottery win will come my way... The day will be over soon at least, then i can have a hopefully relaxing weekend...

~Darkseeker~ said:
and Alan Carr... thanks for reinforcing the stereotype that all gay people are whoopsies, nice going there. It's reverse-homohpobia.

I meant no offence, i dont have that view at all. I just dont think he's a particularly funny comedian and i just find him irritating to watch...

Either suck it up or quit then, there are tons of people who will do the work without complaining in this economy. You've got it easy.

I know you're right and there is no way I'm going to quit my job just because the work is building faster than i can clear it. But that doesn't mean it's not stressful and a moan about it is a good release.

I consider myself lucky to have a job in such times. I just dont know how so many idiots lacking in common sense got employed around me...

Our HR dept is a joke, all our directors were hired by our HR director who just so happened to work with them all at his previous company. We have all the children of another person in HR, it's seems to be a "friends and family" hiring policy they got going on.

My friend who is a smart cookie, qualified and joined UK mensa this year couldn't get a job here but they hire unqualified friends and family with no common sense left right and center. Baffles me no end...

lol two weeks ago i was melted into debts, I missed work didn't get paid due to my tooth , i've already had sick pay this year and 2weeks ago i didn't get paid because i had toothache had to go dentist.. now that week I owed 120pound out, 60 to a friend, 30 to another friend and 30 to my nan, i couldn't not pay it....i had about $3 in 888.com poker site.. i don't gamble often, i play poker and slots a few times aweek, most i bet is $10 a week... had about $3 left, placed 0.75$ bets, lol you wouldn't believe what happen, that's right i hit jackpot!!

I withdrawn it , kept abit on went back to slots..

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

with me saying all this i was right in the sh*t.. i was like omg i need to pay these debts then boom out of nowhere..

i hope you have something good come out all this..

Back
Top Bottom