Help! Display Drivers seem to be malfunctioning

ppark9689

Solid State Member
Okay, my sony laptop was acting up (it was displaying no OS found when turning on) so I factory reset it and it's not that bad anymore. except my computer freezes sometimes, ie: whenever i watch a video the picture will freeze ctrl+alt+delete will not come up and the sound from the video seems to get "stretched"

Whats wrong with my comp?

already downloaded drivers from sony and installed.

They have to be the wrong drivers or outdated ones. Try double checking your system specs with the drivers you are downloading. ALSO after you install drivers you should reboot. Sometimes that helps even though Im sure you already did reboot.

Yea, I already rebooted, in which I got the OS not found error again which I am not happy about, but the real problem is the display is not working correctly. I downloaded the drivers from the manufacturers website for the specific model for my laptop.

Maybe it's not the drivers at all, could it be that explorer.exe is messed up?

I don't understand how this happened after a complete restore.

TLDR:

Primary: Display is freezing (see first post) (could be drivers or something else entirely)

Secondary: After complete restore, I am still getting the OS not found error when trying to turn on my computer.

Hmm, seems as if the actual OS is missing a few files if it is showing no OS after the re-boot, could it be worth it to re-install the OS and drivers and see if that works

Hope this helps

Lowe54

Sorry to tell you but I believe your problem is hardware as in harddrive failure. Your display drivers would have nothing to do with your OS not found problems .I would test your hdd , I`m sure you can get help here on how to do that . Hopefully it is just a virus eraseing a few files but in case it is not I would advise you to try and backup all your data the next time you get it running . If you can get your boot problem fixed I`m sure your display problem will disappear . I`ve had similar problems over the years with many computers and 90% of the time it was a virus or hdd failure .

The boot problem is only a minor annoyance to me right now, the main issue I'm have is that the display is freezing on me

Skip the WD software, which is geared for just WD hard drives (and often refuses to work on non-WD drives)

Instead, grab this: Download Hiren

Burn to CD or make a bootable flash drive, then boot to the drive

Go to DOS tools, then hard drive tools, and look for the GWSCAN option. Run the SMART test, then run the extended test (which will make you do the quick test, so let it). If that software can't fix the issue with the drive, it'll tell you to replace it. I've been using it for 10 years, and it's amazing at what it does. There are no better hard drive diagnostic/repair tools out there.

i made a bootable flash drive and unzipped it into the drive but it wouldn't boot into drive. suggestions?

did you goto the setup screen when you start your laptop, either press f1, f2 or f12 or del, if it f12 or f2 it says boot order.. or boot from.. choose boot from usb, if you can only goto setup set the boot to boot from usb.. if you can't see usb try make a cd and boot from cd

Back
Top Bottom