Problem with Win 7

Soumikbhat

Baseband Member
My lappie had Win 7 (Home Basic)as its OS....

Now yesterday while manually deleting a few antivirus files, I think I deleted some system files, as a result of which my OS is not starting properly, the screen with "starting Windows" with Windows 7 logo bleaming on top of it is appearing and my pc is halting at that point....It is not starting up normally.

There's a System Recovery Tool installed on my lappie but it was unable to repair it automatically. So Windows failed to startup on its own....In that recovery tool I noticed an option called Load Drivers - it had all the drivers showing 'Setup Information'....

Now what should I do? Should I download Win 7 and boot from the CD hoping that all the missing files etc etc would be installed automatically - or is there any way by loading some drivers from the SYs 32 folder? As to my prob - what should be the drivers that I should install? Or is there any other way by Comand Prompt?

Pls help - any methods without formatting the entire HD and re-installing another OS will be gleefully accepted, thanks...

Yeah try getting a fresh copy of windows and pick the repair option. that should do it :) oh and boot with the CD so you can do it in DOS.

Back
Top Bottom