Please help !!

saravanan

Solid State Member
When I select shutdown the screen comes up and said windows is shutting down and still keeps runing and after 8 hours they are still running?
I don't have any way to shut down or restart my laptop .

Please help me !!!!!!!

THANKS

usually when a computer wont shutdown is do to a program that is running in the background.
usually the computer ask is you want to force shutdown.

is there any programs that might be the course of the problem?
try closing all programs running in the background before you shut it down to see if it is a program coursing the computer to not shutdown.

I often got this problem with Windows hanging on shutdown, I usually fix it by downloading and installing CCleaner (freeware) and then doing a registry clean. It worked for me almost every time, so that's what I would recommend.

If you can not turn it off at all and you need to just get the thing powered down , hold down the power button for a while and it will do a hard shut down. After that , like said, Check for spyware (superantispyware) and run cc cleaner.

also type msconfig into a run command and check start up for programs that shouldnt be ther!

Also run anti spyware progs in safe mode

also type msconfig into a run command and check start up for programs that shouldnt be ther!

The great thing about Alex's comment here is that everything in the startup tab under msconfig can be unchecked. Absolutely nothing in there is vital to the system on startup. :)

Back
Top Bottom