Question about RAM

vistakid10

Baseband Member
Hey all. I currently have 8GB of this RAM (1333MHz Dual-Channel, 4x 2GB DIMMs) Novatech 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Dual Channel Kit | RAM-313334 and I was wondering if I would notice a speed difference if I upgraded from this RAM to 2x 4GB G.Skills Ripjaws Dual-Channel 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/...dr3-pc3-12800/1600mhz/f3-12800cl9d-8gbxl.html. I would be looking to purchase the Ripjaws RAM with a new motherboard, the ASUS P7P55D-E. Would I notice a speed difference between 1333MHz and 1600MHz and would the RAM work on the new motherboard? I use my machine for running virtual machines and video/photo editing mainly so would this upgrade be worthwhile?

Noticing a speed difference would depend on what you're doing with your machine, to be honest probably not... Both sets will work with the ASUS P7P55D-E board, it will take up to 16gb.

Personally i wouldn't touch the unbranded novatech stuff; the G.Skills are much better modules but i dont like anything unbranded...

So do you reckon when/if I come to sell my current motherboard I should sell it with my 8GB RAM I have at the moment or sell the RAM separately?

You will probably be better off selling them seperately instead of in a bundle since they are used parts, you'll get more interest in the parts individually i would have thought.

You will probably be better off selling them seperately instead of in a bundle since they are used parts, you'll get more interest in the parts individually i would have thought.
Yeah that's what I would have thought too but I may or may not buy the new motherboard, it all depends on how well I'm doing for money at the time.

Back
Top Bottom