Car Thread!

I looked at a turbo setup for mine, it would just be ridiculous. I can't get around in the rain with this car as it is...It just spins 1st.
I think that's driver error... You have a fwd Honda... The Honda CRV we have with about 190hp can't get out of it's own way, let alone spin tires all the time. My truck handles fine in the rain, it's easy to spin them through 2 or 3 gears in the rain, but it's easy enough to get around, haha. Lay off the lead foot man!

Uhh no. The CR-V (all gens) are at least 1300 pounds heavier and have significantly less torque. You have a first gen with the B20, correct? PLUS I have an Exedy stage 1 and H23si trans...Not to toot my own horn, but I'm exceptionally good on a stick. The car just makes too much power.
I should clarify a bit, though...It doesn't ALWAYS spin in the rain, but I have to ride the clutch out for a good long time to prevent it.

I'm running 205/50/R15 Kuhmo HP-ASTs, Cabbs.

EDIT: nvm. You must have a K24 CRV to be making 190 (which doesn't seem right, by the way)...Is that to the wheels or the crank?

180hp to be exact, I couldn't remember. It's a 2011. I know it's heavier. But it can't get out of it's own way! Like I said, my truck makes much more torque and is rwd. If you claim any 4cyl N/A Honda has too much power, you are on something powerful. Actually, just about any N/A 4cyl car engine... The issue isn't the HP so much, but torque. The CRV makes a GROUND POUNDING 160 ft-lbs at a low low 4400RPM... That's why it can't spin any tires.

The Acura S-type cars aren't bad on power, but in the end it's still FWD which is no fun...

"power" (as used above) is expressing Whp/Wtq

The problem is Power:weight. There's simply not enough weight over the front wheels to casually-clutch out of 1st in the rain without spinning (even if it's only minimal). You've got a LOT more weight over the wheels in a CR-V...I think you missed the target of the argument. I COULD do a turbo setup - it would just be impractical during wet/snow season.

I understand power to weight. I guarantee you have more weight on your front tires than I do on the rear tires of my truck. I've driven 400hp camaros and trucks without issues as well in rain. And a 300hp CTS Coupe in heavy rain. They have power, but it's all high end. Unless you are running MT ETs or something, you shouldn't have any issues in the rain, even with a turbo. Especially with Front Wheel Drive.

IMG_5024-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom