Vibox Pc Too good to be true?

ollie7

Beta member
Just looking at this and wondering why their so cheap!

VIBOX iQ-S

I know it needs an operating system an extra graphics card, but seems a good offer.

Any thoughts?

Yes that would be the right price but with no os, GPU and maybe not a good motherboard it's hard to know how good it is.

1. No OS (Adds about £100 to the price if you were to put on a legitimate copy)

2. Lists onboard graphics - A card good enough to roll alongside an i7 2600 is going to be nigh on £200

3. Only 1333MHz - Sandy Bridge chips can make good use of up to 2200MHz RAM

4. Crap case

5. Doesn't specify the board model, only that it's a Gigabyte. There's a good chance it could be a POS. Risk not worth taking, even for a little over 4 bills.

Once you've added the necessary bits they've left out, you could have built one to your own spec, without the ailment of 1333MHz RAM or a possibly shitty motherboard. and since it's an eBay dealer who either imports or build themselves, who knows where they get the parts from (possibly rebfurbs or factory seconds?). Good feedback is an indication he's probably quite honest - but most of his customers might be clueless - so who knows. I've personally had little but bad experiences with eBay dealers like this.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GAH61-D2-B3 I think, it's only a mATX motherboard and looks to me like a low-end motherboard so that's probably where they're saving money. As somebody said before there's no proper graphics card included, and the case is pretty rubbish. The description doesn't mention what PSU the system has though I would imagine it's a generic/no-brand one, the same goes for the RAM as well. Somebody elwse also mentioned you have to pay for your copy of Windows and so on, so really I'd stay away from this.

Yeah I've seen a lot of these sort of systems on eBay especially, and you think "how can they sell it for THAT price?", the answer probably lies in cheap components. So stay away from these systems at all cost!

184054d1317224708-funny-strange-random-pics-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

spam%20man.jpg

Back
Top Bottom