DVI no signal. Is my motherboard malfunctioned?

thaull

Baseband Member
About 3 months ago, I left on vacation and my computer worked perfectly. When I came back, I noticed that my monitor wouldn't turn on. It would say "DVI no signal". I thought it was the monitor or video card malfunctioning, but I had 3 other monitors and another video card to try out just to make sure. None of them worked. I only had 1 tower to try out, so I'm not sure if it's my mother board.

I'm now suspecting that my motherboard is malfunctioned and I might need to buy a new one. My mother board is Motherboard Specifications, M2N68-LA (Narra3) HP Pavilion a6430f Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

My processor is "AMD Athlon 7750 2.7GHz Dual Core Processor" and my graphics card is Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

Which motherboard is compatible with them, or is there a way to find out for myself?

I don't know if my power supply also matters in finding a compatible motherboard, but it's Newegg.com - OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI 600W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

Thank you.

Crap. I just wrote a whole big reply up explaining this stuff to you, and also saying PCIE slots (that side of the board) would be one of the last things to go out, so I'm not convinced. But, if you're thoroughly convinced that it's broke, go ahead and shell out the cash :) Everything I wrote got deleted.

To put it short, the only things that matter in terms of compatability are your Processor (socket - and yours is AM2+ it looks like. Double check anyway.) and your Ram (the clock speed - DDR2 or 3 ... 1066, 1300, 1600.. something like that) For your PSU, all boards now have 24 pin (20+4) connectors. You don't have to worry about that.. but make sure anyway. For your GPU, it says it takes a PCIE 2.0 x 16. Make sure you have that PCIE slot.. but almost everything will unless you go cheapo.

Your new motherboard needs to have/support:
AM2+ (that's the socket of your CPU)
RAM (clock)
24 pin (psu)
PCIE slot

Back
Top Bottom