Car Thread!

Do Miata's have an iron block 4cyl stock though? Plus, Miatas have an over head cam design and all that. LS engines are simply OHV engines, generally smaller and lighter than an OHC engine of similar displacement.

Yeah, it's iron-block which is why LS engines don't weigh much more. With the LS engines being OHV, it makes them small for their displacement and a good candidate for engine swaps in a lot of cars.

Tbh, I wasn't terribly impressed with the Cobalt SS. I've seen D16's give them a run, and I can walk them all day. Minus the LNF model which was actually turbocharged, making about 260hp. (to the crank or to the wheels, I'm not sure.)

Yeah, it's iron-block which is why LS engines don't weigh much more. With the LS engines being OHV, it makes them small for their displacement and a good candidate for engine swaps in a lot of cars.

S2k's ;)

Tbh, I wasn't terribly impressed with the Cobalt SS. I've seen D16's give them a run, and I can walk them all day. Minus the LNF model which was actually turbocharged, making about 260hp. (to the crank or to the wheels, I'm not sure.)

I've heard of turbo Cobalts getting into the 12s with intake, exhaust, and tune.

S2k's ;)

I'd love even a stock S2000 haha.

Yes there is. Once you get your VTEC going how much do you think you'll be putting down?

Right now, with minor bolt-ons (generic cone, MR headers, Apexi WS2) It's probably about 210Whp. Most "stock" G23's are about 205...I've yet to get it dyno'd despite needing it awfully. I'm running some map that was in a P13 I picked up. It's labeled JUN, so I'm assuming it was for a low-level boost setup. Needless to say, I run EXCEPTIONALLY rich.

I don't see VTEC often because the P13 VTEC crossover is at 6k stock. The car makes peak torque at about 5,500 + I don't like burning a quart of oil every thousand miles.

210 WHP is not bad at all for a n/a setup, especially in a lightweight platform like yours. A full 1.8 build won't get me that high, maybe a 2.1 stroker will, but at that cost I'm just going to throw a turbo in there.

I looked at a turbo setup for mine, it would just be ridiculous. I can't get around in the rain with this car as it is...It just spins 1st.

Back
Top Bottom