Car Thread!

that's one big-ass turbo, does it have big turbo lag though? Like the Evo, it's hella fast once the Turbo kicks in, but it's slower than an old impreza until then.

I just like the noise... torque... power... noise... and noise of growling American V8s ;)

Anyhow, I asked about Abarth cars in the US because they are just simply awesome. Abarth is to Fiat what AMG is to Mercedes, like a bit of aftermarket tuning.

Really nice little tuned euroboxes.

1300719211New_Fiat_500_Abarth_2_Large.jpg

01tn.jpg

Fiat was just introduced here in America. We won't see the "tuning" versions until next model year, most likely. The first model year is always for testing the waters.

I'm fine with my itty-bitty Jap engine if it means I can corner. I wouldn't mind an LS1 though...

I don't think there are many 'merican cars that can outrun the japanese drifters :p

800px-

GT-R <3

The race spec ones look like absolute beasts.

GT-R_08_GT500.jpg
Except for the corvete and viper around the Nurburgring... And the new Boss 302 Mustang beats and M3 around the Laguna Seca. American cars are finally out handling their Euro counterparts. And the Cobalt SS holds some record too for it's class. The only car that beat it was a limited production run model designed only to beat the Cobalt SS.

Cabbs, an LS powered Miata, I would LOVE one of those. I don't think I would fit in the car though.

Dark Seeker, I don't think it has much turbo lag. As long as the compressor maps line up right and all, it won't have much lag. If you choose the wrong turbo it might though. That Supra engine in the 67 Mustang is making 600hp.
I know a guy who bought a turbo off a 12L cummins and put it on a stock 302 Mustang. Made 500hp, lag wasn't bad, and it was CHEAP ($50 turbo, all that's left is fuel and suspension).

I know, haha. Same with LS and SBF RX7s. I wonder how the Miata would do with a 5.3. The 5.3 and LQ9s are easy to come by. 400hp for less than $1,000 and still get about 25mpg. But the 5.3s and 6.0s are iron block. Adds a bit of weight. The LS engines are hardly heavier than a stock Miata engine since they are aluminum blocks.

If I were going strictly for straight line speed it would be a good route. It's nice having a flat torque curve.

I'm sure they do, I'm just a stickler for weight haha. I'd love to do a 2.1 stroker n/a build but there's just not enough torque to make it worth it.

Back
Top Bottom