Graphics upgrade question:)

amanikshot

Baseband Member
Product name Stock Status Quantity Item price Line price Move to wishlist Remove

KFA2 GeForce GTS 450 783MHz 1GB PCI-E HDMI
Quicklinx:7P6YWS00 | Mfr#:50SGS8HX5BXZ
Ordered upon request €85.80 €85.80

Corsair 500 Watt CX500 V2 Builder Series 80 Plus Power Supply
Quicklinx:7K9HWS00 | Mfr#:CMPSU-500CXV2UK
In stock €51.23 €51.23
Delivery (2.4kg)
Free!
Total*(Inc*VAT) €137.03

Can I use this to play battlefield 3?

I think with that card, you'll be able to run it on High settings. Depends on your CPU as well though.
Depends on the resolution you will be running at, but even at 1080p, you'll be fine.

Maybe consider a Phenom II X4 if you want an AMD CPU. You want to get as much cache as you can, otherwise, your Athlon might be OK. The GTS 450 is a good card I've got one and it does what I need.

See I bought the pc off of dell so is there a way of finding out what socket it is?

Thanks for your help by the way:)

See I bought the pc off of dell so is there a way of finding out what socket it is?

Thanks for your help by the way:)
You can look on their website and see what CPUs or motherboards they are selling the system with and then Google the CPU or motherboard to find out what socket it is.

Check the make and model of your board, you may be able to unlock the 4th core on your processor.. It's an AM3 socket.

I dont think you'll have much trouble running BF3 with that CPU and graphics card to be honest... you should be able to get it running quite well...

You want to get as much cache as you can, otherwise, your Athlon might be OK.

AMD CPUs don't gain enough performance from the L3 cache to make the switch worthwhile. The Athlon II is fine in this case for the lower end of what I'd consider a good CPU for gaming.

You can look on their website and see what CPUs or motherboards they are selling the system with and then Google the CPU or motherboard to find out what socket it is.

Or download Speccy - System Information - Free Download and run that and then post a screenshot of the program.

The Athlon is OK for the lower end as you said, but I'd still go for a Phenom even if it is a tiny bit more expensive...

The Athlon is OK for the lower end as you said, but I'd still go for a Phenom even if it is a tiny bit more expensive...

It's not worth the price discrepancy. Overclocking the Athlon II would garner better performance than upgrading to another chip in the same family.

Back
Top Bottom