How to make windows xp run faster

Interesting article and plenty of good tips but I do not agree on the bios update as usually bios updates are for those who's motherboard will not support certain features, then it is necessary to update if this will fix the problem... The old saying... if not broken don't touch it.
Tweaking the bios settings itself certainly helps but be aware of understanding what you are doing in bios as this can create big problems with incorrect settings.

After following the guide in the first post to make my Windows XP faster for some strange reason my Wireless USB adapter on my computer wont pick up my router but the other computer in the house does. I have already check to make sure Zero Config is running in my services. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks

Never heard of that issue?? I guess from a change you made to your system??

Have you tried uninstalling the software and re-installing??

Also try to plug the device in to a different usb slot

Yes I did uninstall the drivers and I reinstalled them also, just tried a few different USB ports and the problem still persists. Maybe disabling one of the services which where recommended in the guide had something to do with it?

You can go with these tips..

by removing unwanted programs and services from startup.
Disable Aero Experience
Increase Virtual Memory
Disable Visual Effects
Windows 7 Disk Clean up
Disable Windows Defender
Disable UAC

WoW!!! I've got to give you major props on this thread PAL. After running a few of your suggestions on my Mothers Desktop, It's seems to be running faster than ever. I thought I was a computer wiz. But THANK You very much! Awesome info!

Back
Top Bottom