would this video card work?

nightfire

Solid State Member
ok so im really leaning towards this computer Walmart.com: CyberpowerPC Black Gamer Ultra GUA140 Desktop PC with AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor, 1TB Hard Drive and Windows 7 Home Premium (Monitor Not Included): Computers so do ya guys think this card would work well? Radeon HD 6870 Value and Conclusion | bit-tech.net im trying not to spend over $200 on a card and this one seems highly raided....now i know i might have to buy a new power supply later down the line and maybe add more cooling but, let me know guys...thanks

From what I can see it doesn't give the specs of the power supply, so I'd say to run a 6870 you would need an upgraded power supply for sure, the rest looks pretty solid, wouldn't worry about cooling unless you OC. I have an hd6870 and I can highly recommend it, it also makes me biased :)

According to Newegg, the minimum wattage required is 500... I've seen on some websites where 18 amps on the +12V rail you put it on are required...

So, the PSU that's in that computer now may barely meet the requirements, but I'd double check just to be safe...

I say they probably just put a power supply bigger enough to run that computer and may be have enough power to put a extra hard drive or cd/dvd/blu-ray drive in it. So i dout that it will have enough power to run that video card. Cuase their not going to put a over kill PSU in the computer cause then they wont make as much money. But then i could be wrong so if you get the computer just check the PSU and if it is 500Watts or more than your good.

Back
Top Bottom